Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Heathrow viewing & photography locations

Post your logs, movements and information for London Heathrow here.
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Heathrow viewing & photography locations

Post by andygolfer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 am

I've been wanting to write a guide to Heathrow spotting & photography for some time and have finally got round to starting it. Most of the initial information is based on my own trips and others that I have researched and information that others have sent me or posted on here (that's the credits covered!).
I've decided to do it in runway order with info on landings and take offs posted separately. In time I will also add info re the various 'spotter friendly' hotels as well and hopefully it will end up as a useful comprehensive guide.
If you can add to any info or advise me of errors or changes please post a reply or PM me. I will probably copy and paste the info into the right area of the 'document' to keep it easy to follow.

I've been doing the work in the mods section so invisible until now but it's at a point where I feel it's ready to be shared to hopefully got some opinions on the format and content.

Please be patient as it will be a fairly long job but hopefully worthwhile in the end. I will eventually start adding representative photos to the various sections to give a more helpful perspective.
thanks
Andy

Heathrow uses runways 27L & 27R about 70 % of the time so I'll start with them

Section 1: 27L arrivals
Image27L arrivals spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

Myrtle Avenue TW14 9QU There is free parking available and excellent views of the arrivals and good photo opportunities (as long as the sun is not on the wrong side of the aircraft in summer mornings or evenings - that scenario will be dealt with further on). Photo angles range from side on to almost head on depending whereabouts on the grass area you choose to stand, you can also see across the airport to view ground movements although the latest fence makes that more difficult and photography of ground movements impossible.
Cains Lane TW14 9RH About 250m further west along Hatton Road offers similar views to Myrtle Avenue with the aircraft slightly lower. This used to be my favourite spot but unfortunately double yellow lines and 'residents only' parking now prevail making the £60 fine one of the most expensive parking places around the airport! The new fence has also ruled out ground photos so it's far more restricted now than it used to be. If you want to use this in preference to Myrtle Avenue and require parking then one option is to sign up to the Bedfont and Feltham F.C. social membership which will allow parking for £10 per year - read on..
Bedfont & Feltham F.C. TW14 9QT Is on the south side of Hatton road about 100m west of Myrtle Avenue (opposite the Duke of Wellington PH). There are good views of landing aircraft on 27L albeit a bit further away from the flight path although you are only about 500m from the centreline so well within range of a mid range zoom lens. Being further away also make the aircraft a bit more side on. Parking there is restricted to their members BUT they offer social membership for £10 a year http://www.bedfontandfelthamfc.com/438059694 and specifically mention aviation photographers - far better than £60 a day for a parking ticket. One point to remember - right next door is Bedfont Football Club! they also have a car park but no such scheme as far as I can tell after lots of googling (other search engines are available), so be careful to pick the right club - Bedfont and Feltham is the first one you get to coming from Hatton direction.
Hatton cemetery / Hounslow Urban Farm TW14 0LZ, nowadays I use this the most of all the 27L landing options. I've quoted both the farm and cemetry for the location as there's a great big sign at the entrance advertising the farm - you can't miss it! but the best place is along the cemetery fence about 200m down the track. Note if you're coming from Hatton Cross direction you need to do a (legal) U turn at the opening in the central reservation and then turn in. The aircraft are slightly more distant but quite side on and because of that the panning is a bit slower and thus (for me anyway) steadier. The downside is that the intermittent trees along the entrance road interfere with any head on shots (but not half and halfs). I normally use a 150-600 lens but that is too big for the longer aircraft,so I either use my 100-400 lens or keep the 150-600 on one and use my 18-250 on my second camera which gives plenty of 'space' around the larger aircraft (it's still a bit tight at 100mm on the biggies).
Terminal 4 mound I've only found out about this recently by seeing photos on facebook and can't really offer a postcode. Additionally I can't find any free parking around there so parking remotely and using a bus to get nearby might be the best option. The good thing about this location is that you can actually get ground 'line up' and touchdown shots (and probably spot busses if that's your second hobby!). I haven't used this myself so can't offer any example photos but really it's only useful for 27L arrivals if you want those ground shots (and have a long lens).
For registration collectors either Myrtle Ave or Cains Lane are best as you can see well across the airport towards the northern runway.

27L departures
for departing photos some of us like them nearer to side on and level as soon as possible after lifting off whilst others like them higher and if possible banking round in an arc when they will provide a topside photo, Ive tried to cover both here although unfortunately opportunities are a bit limited especially for the first option
Image27L departures spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

I've identified 2 locations here for the side on style of photos
firstly the Esso Garage on the southern perimeter road
this is probably the most popular location for these type of take off shots, depending on the aircraft type and load they can either be quite low to the boundary fence the other side of the road and river or climbing quite high above you, the earlier lift offs will provide an opportunity for partially head on shots as they climb up. There is parking at the garage although it can get quite busy with taxis etc and there are facilities at the garage including food outlets (Greggs & Subway for example), I think you would be expected to buy something before using the toilets though so don't take the mickey. For number crunchers this is the better of these 2 locations by far.
A word of warning that Trevor (tb2) sent me: re the Esso garage, and for that matter the BP garage near Hatton X, both have cctv fitted and warning signs giving a time limit!! so check the signs when you arrive to avoid going over their time limit.
and secondly, the park in Oaks Road
this is about level with the garage in comparison to the runway and offer similar shots but a bit more side on. The downside is that there are a number of trees to get in your way so you need a bit of planning to pick a good spot for best results, most will be above the trees but it's always the one you want a photo of that lifts off late :mad: . For the larger types turning left you can see them as they bank so slightly rearward topsides are quite easy to achieve. I park in Russell Road TW19 7JZ (just alongside the park) and walk to the junction with Oaks Road where there's an entrance gate
Banking shots - Stanwell Moor
I love this area (note the word 'area' and not 'spot') as there is a wide area to choose your location from. I've seen some fantastic photos from the 'moor' unfortunately not mine although I was very pleased with a few! Firstly to get there, I (and most others) park at the southern end of Hithermoor Road (TW19 6AJ) around the 'Cheltenham villas' or 'Russet close' area and then take the footpath at the sharp bend across the bridge. It then leads alongside the reservoir fence. After about 200m (if you reach the bend you've gone too far) there's an old broken-ish gate and a footpath leads through there across the moor to a footbridge. I go most of the way to the footbridge (roughly to where it says bone Head on the map and the first red circle) which I find is a good all round spot to get both bankers and those going straight ahead. You can continue on across the bridge and take the footpath off to the right towards the London Orbital car park to the second red circle. I've seen excellent banking shots from there and you can get them a bit more head on as they start to bank (have a look at the winner of our February 2018 Photo of the month winner to see what can be achieved:
http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=30087). As I said previously there's no 'X' to mark the exact best spot, just move around a bit until you find a place that suits you best. You can continue further south on the footpath to Staines Moor and even access the moor(s) off Moor Lane (TW18 4YN) on the outskirts of Staines.

27R arrivals
27 R does not have quite as much choice for locations as there are for 27L so any others that can be added would be most welcome
Image27R arrivals Warwick Raod by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr
Warwick Road / Chester Road [/b]There is one regular place that I use, it's a small park to the south of the junction between the A321 (the Causeway) and the A.30 (Great South West Road). It's accessible from Chester Road or Warwick Road (TW4 6HY). It gives good views down the approach and also excellent side on views. You can also see 27L arrivals in the evening but only side on-ish due to the buildings on Warwick Rd. There's an open sided shelter in the middle of the park and I usually pitch up there as it's as good as anywhere for a full round view.
MacDonalds, Bath Road / A.30 junction. This is a bit further east along the A.30 towards central London and is on the edge of a large roundabout where the A30 and A.4 meet. I haven't tried this spot myself but others have told me it's quite good although it's closer to the centreline and a bit further out so I wouldn't expect the angles to work as well.

27R departures
Image27R departures spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

Unfortunately as with the arrivals, 27R does not have the same variety of locations as 27L and I am only aware of 3 locations.
Stanwell moor for this location and notes see the 27L departures further up the page, I've included this because it is still a good location for banking shots as the aircraft departing in a south turn pick up the same track as those on 27L so similar banking shots are achievable (remember that by midday / early afternoon the sun will start to move round too much and leave the aircraft in shadow). Because of it's distance from the centreline it is too far away for photos of those that continue straight on or turn right.
Mound on open grass land east of M25, junction 14 and north of A3113: this is an open area of raised ground with various footpaths on it (possibly surplus soil from the T.5 construction?) and it offers good side on views of 27R departures (it can also be a useful location for photos of 27L departures once the sun has moved round on summer evenings). You can pick your position to suit your lens size and how side on you want your subjects to be. You can be anywhere between 400 and 900m from the centreline. This is best accessed via the tunnel under the A3113 just east of the M25 roundabout which leads onto the footpaths. On the south side of the road it is accessed from Horton Road, Stanwell Moor TW19 6BJ. The biggest drawback here is lack of parking, Horton road has copious double yellow lines and Leylands Lane (TW19 6BG) appears to have some unmarked verges it isn't overly wide. You may need quite a long walk to get to the mound!
Stanwell Moor playing field / park I've used this for 27R departures and it's good for banking shots with a long lens (at least 400mm). It's about a mile or so off the 27R centreline ( 27L departures are virtually overhead). Take off shots a re much closer (a 300mm FL will suffice) but a word of warning though - the lift offs can suffer with heat haze on a warm day. When you look at the map as they first appear above the trees you are shooting right over T5 and all that concrete apron etc and the heat coming off that is a nightmare, when I was there I dumped more pics than I saved. In high summer or any hot day for that matter, it would be a complete waste of time except for the bankers. The take off and banking shots in these 2 topics were taken from there on a warm September morning up to about 13.00:
http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 69&t=31206
http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 69&t=31205

Coppermill Road Horton, TW19 5NX this is a bit further west (a longish walk or a short swim) on the eastern side of Wraysbury reservoir. Unlike the previous location this road does not have restrictions although there are quite a few trees alongside so you need to spend a bit of time picking your preferred location, side on photos are possible but you will need a long lens as the centreline is about 1000m away, the left hand bankers will turn closer to you than Stanwell moor so will appear more 'belly-ish'. Probably not the easiest location to use but with a bit of time investigating/preparing good results should be possible. I have been to the Arthur Jacob nature reserve to the north of Coppermill Road- on the opposite side of the road at the northern end. You can get departure shots there but they are a bit on the high side and again you need to pick your spot carefully because being a nature reserve trees take priority over aircraft enthusiasts.

Easterly operations:
When aircraft are landing and taking off towards the East there is no runway alternation in effect. In normal circumstances all departing aircraft use runway 9R (partly due to noise abatement reasons and partly because of taxiway capacity which is less on 9L. During peak early morning arrival times both runways are used for landings to maximise capacity, (there are separate alternations for night flights). As 9L does not normally handle departing flights I've not done a section on that.

9L arrivals
the main runway for arrivals during easterly operations
Image09L arrivals spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

there are several locations available for photography and reg. collecting around the approach on this runway which is fortunate as it is the main landing runway for easterly operations. Not so fortunate is the parking situation as parking on the A3044 verge is now frowned upon and parking tickets are sometimes issued to offenders. Public transport is an alternative option as 3 of the options are within a short walk of terminal 5 and it's trains and busses (or even planes!)
Terminal 5 ramp more precisely this is a large layby area that the taxis wait in before they go to the terminal pick up point. The road name is windsock Way (see map above) and from there the views across the 09L threshold and approach are excellent.
Stanwell Moor Rd (A3044) for years enthusiasts have parked on this road to watch and photograph the landing aircraft from the verge or the adjacent fields although many now use the embankment by the bridge on the M25 spur to T5 (next location) but parking there is now a bit of a lottery as parking tickets are being issued to parked cars as I said above. It's not a long walk from the terminal if you are relying on public transport and depending how far along the road you go even a shortish lens will suffice (but the angle becomes steeper). some now prefer to use the...........
A3044 / M25 spur embankment this is the bank on the north side of the spur road on the west side of the A3044 and it provides a nice elevated view of the 09L arrivals, that extra height coupled with being further from the flight path makes for nice side views and with the lack of toll free parking on the A3044 makes this a far better option. It's still only about 400m to the centreline so a long lens is not a necessity.
the mound near J.14 of the M25 (see the section on 27R departures for location description) will allow views of the landing aircraft albeit a bit further than the previous location, it's still only about 600m from the northern end of this area so still within range of a 300mm lens.

9R arrivals
used for limited arrivals at some times of day but normally departures only
Image09R arrivals spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr
Stanwell Moor sports field I've not spent much time on this section as it is a runway use that is only occasional, mainly early in the morning when aircraft land on both runways to maximise flows. This location is only about 500m off the flight path so aircraft will be fairly low to provide nice side on photos so if you're an early bird a bit of time might be worthwhile. The village hall car park is gated but there is pedestrian access to the sports field alongside the hall fence and the 'on road' parking appears to be unrestricted looking at Google Earth and there are numerous cars parked on Horton Road and some on Hithermoor Road which is opposite the village hall (I've parked further down Hithermoor rd when visiting Stanwell Moor as per the 27L departures section).

9R departures
the normal departure runway during easterly operations
Image09L arrivals spotting locations by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

There are 3 locations that I have indicated here all with different angles, lets start with the best one......
Feltham Park probably one of the most iconic photo locations around Heathrow and famed for it's banking shots. Anything going south or west will bank right round with excellent topside opportunities and unlike the 27 departures the sun is on the aircraft virtually all day long (assuming there is sun on the day in question). Anything going straight on or north will provide good side on angles and the 'heavies' in particular can be quite low and almost side on as the lift off past you. You will need a lens of aroound 300mm FL for the 'heavies' and ideally 400mm which will also suffice for the smaller types. I've indicated 2 points of access to the park and the area I use is at the northern end close to the end of Shakespeare Avenue (but not too close because of the tall hedge).
Bedfont and Feltham Football club, I've already given details of this location (including the membership fee) in the 27L arrivals section and it's much closer to the centreline as they lift off from 09R (about 500m) so a smaller lens than that required for Feltham Park will suffice but you will be restricted to side on-ish shots.
Hounslow Urban Farm and Hatton cemetery again details of how to find this are in the 27L arrivals section and this is probably the least useful (unless you haven't got membership of the previous football club. The aircraft are a bit further from lift off and thus (hopefully for them) a bit higher although the offset from the centreline is slightly more. As a consequence the aircraft will appear slightly higher here with a tendency towards 'belly shots' but more head on shots will we achievable with the lack of obstructions to the view.

early mornings and evenings - when the sun is lighting the northern side of the aircraft
This section will be written shortly to cater for the insomniacs amongst us who like a 5am (or earlier) start as well as those who refuse to head home until it's too dark to take photos on a summer evening!
the mound area I mentioned in 09R arrivals is probably as good as any for 27L departures in the evenin

HELP!
during my research I've found a couple of places that look okay on paper (or rather screen) but never seen them mentioned (and never visited).
One is Hounslow Heath nature reserve and parkland which is only about 700m south of the 27L centreline and has access of Frampton Road (TW4 5AD)which is free of yellow lines. It looks a reasonable spot for 27L arrivals. I did visit the adjacent golf course about 10 years ago when the company I did a bit of course design for were considering taking on the lease - I was a bit distracted by the aircraft landing nearby!
Secondly, Cranford Park (approx TW5 9WA) is about 800m north of the 27R centreline and I wonder if this would be any good for evening landing shots for 27R?
any enlightenment gratefully received, thanks.

As I said, it's still very much 'work in progress' so please bear with me as I gradually add to it, I hope it's a worthwhile exercise.
comments and additional info most welcome

thanks
Andy
Last edited by andygolfer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 am, edited 21 times in total.
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

sft

Re: Heathrow viewing & photography locations

Post by sft » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

Hello Andy, yes your two other locations are fine. Cranford Park - just park in Park Lane right by an entrance and just a short walk a short distance, its an open space so anywhere will do - great for early morning and evening arrivals on 27R. Then Hounslow Heath for 27L approach (south side), it has a public car park in the notheast corner, turn south off Staines Road into Frampton Rd and its there on the right - walk onto the Heath and find a spot that suits.... there are trees, so you have to find a suitable spot. I think from memory, both spots need up to 300mm. Both locations have the benefit of being peaceful - apart from the parakeets! Rgds ste

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 am

sft wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am
Hello Andy, yes your two other locations are fine. Cranford Park - just park in Park Lane right by an entrance and just a short walk a short distance, its an open space so anywhere will do - great for early morning and evening arrivals on 27R. Then Hounslow Heath for 27L approach (south side), it has a public car park in the notheast corner, turn south off Staines Road into Frampton Rd and its there on the right - walk onto the Heath and find a spot that suits.... there are trees, so you have to find a suitable spot. I think from memory, both spots need up to 300mm. Both locations have the benefit of being peaceful - apart from the parakeets! Rgds ste
many thanks Ste

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 pm

Is Myrtle Avenue still an OK place to park/watch/photograph?

Thinking of a trip next Thursday afternoon (should be on 27L arrivals after 15:00??)

TIA

Mick

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Certainly okay for watching and photography. As far as I know parking is still okay -I've not heard of restrictions there although I belive Cains Lane a bit further west has restrictions. Best to check signs just in case

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks Andy,

Just checked the forecast, and wind is NNE @ 6 so might need to be 09L for arrivals..

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Is the Tesco Superstore an alternative and viable parking place? I suppose they have a limited time (and maybe a purchase requirement?).

Any thoughts??

If I go to the Urban Farm, do I just pay for a ticket and park for free, or can I park for free without paying entry??

Don't mind a walk to get a bit closer to the approach.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:40 pm

No idea re Tescos sorry, most of them have a time limit these days though.

The urban farm / cemetery is free but they recently put up signs saying cemetery users only. However I used it 3 weeks ago along with many others so they don't appear to enforce it as a matter of course. My guess (and that's all it is) is that the signs are there so they can ask people to move on if they wish or need to such as if there's a big internment happening so someyhing to be aware of just in case.
HTH
Andy

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks again Andy,

I'll probably give the Urban Farm a go, if I have to pay it is only £6.75 for entry (I'm a senior!)

Just want a couple of hours before going to Northolt for the night shoot.

Mick

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 am

I used the 'mound' on Stanwell Moor yesterday:-

On Easterlies, so 9L arrivals (and a couple on 9R which took me by surprise!)

Mound on open grass land east of M25, junction 14 and north of A3113: this is an open area of raised ground with various footpaths on it (possibly surplus soil from the T.5 construction?) and it offers good side on views of 27R departures (it can also be a useful location for photos of 27L departures once the sun has moved round on summer evenings). You can pick your position to suit your lens size and how side on you want your subjects to be. You can be anywhere between 400 and 900m from the centreline. This is best accessed via the tunnel under the A3113 just east of the M25 roundabout which leads onto the footpaths. On the south side of the road it is accessed from Horton Road, Stanwell Moor TW19 6BJ. The biggest drawback here is lack of parking, Horton road has copious double yellow lines and Leylands Lane (TW19 6BG) appears to have some unmarked verges it isn't overly wide. You may need quite a long walk to get to the mound!

I parked easily on Horton Road (past Flintlock Lane, no double yellows, and no official 'No Parking' signs, but there are a few saying no parking for taxis etc.. but just been put there by residents.
Short walk (10 mins?) to the mound, great views! (watch out for the thistles though!)

Pics appearing soon.

Sneezy24

Post by Sneezy24 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Sample from the mound. Canon 70-300 USM

9L:-

ImageIMG_062 by Mick Kelsey, on Flickr

9R:-

ImageIMG_164 by Mick Kelsey, on Flickr

Towards 9L threshold:-

ImageIMG_118 by Mick Kelsey, on Flickr

Mawgan4

Post by Mawgan4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:02 pm

09L arrivals: I made the mistake recently of parking on the south side of the Bath Road, just west of Longford roundabout, and got a parking ticket for my troubles. I was on a muddy verge, it seems just used for fly tipping. No signs indicating 'no parking' that I saw. I tried to appeal against the notice, on the grounds that it is not a footway, but without success.

:-(

Alisdair

Wallie
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Wallie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:01 am

Thanks for this great help. I knew a few places already, but this is top !! :clap: :clap:
Greetings
Wallie
www.spectare.be

Wallie
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Wallie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Arr 09L : juli 2019. Entrance Slip road embankment M25/A3044 was blocked with fences. It was possible to crawl trough, but I think that is not the intention. :D
I don't know if they are just tempo.
Greetings
Wallie
www.spectare.be

Danseaman

Post by Danseaman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Possible new spot?

During lockdown to scratch the itch I’ve been filing time with YouTube. Below is a video by Train_PlaneHub Looks like a new location to the West of the Esso garage but looking on maps all I can see is a construction site!

It’s looks like the angles I love taking of lines ups etc! I know 09’s aren’t common but can anyone shed some light on this location?

https://youtu.be/hdKc-Ofc9xY

Many thanks!
Canon 90D 6DII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400II L

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Search in Google Maps for "Spotting Point, Southern Perimeter Road, Longford, Hounslow" (that's the full title") It looks like this is it - only seemed to appear on satellite view and you might have to zoom in/out for the words to appear. No idea on access as 1) not familiar with area and 2) no street view available to the spot.

Hope of use.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:35 pm

Nighthawke wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:56 pm
Search in Google Maps for "Spotting Point, Southern Perimeter Road, Longford, Hounslow" (that's the full title") It looks like this is it - only seemed to appear on satellite view and you might have to zoom in/out for the words to appear. No idea on access as 1) not familiar with area and 2) no street view available to the spot.

Hope of use.
must be using a very high ladder or otherwise on the garage roof! duning the take off runs, he's looking down on the bushes and lamp tops so not at ground level, nice position though when you can see over the fences etc like that

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Fair enough - just trying to tie it down a bit and it popped up in Google Maps. Must be somewhere around there.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:50 am

I've been looking at this more closely and relating the position to the background and runway marking and T5 , he's just east of the centreline of the taxiway nearest T5 , almost in line with it and about 220m west of the canopy of the Esso garage and about 25-30m back from the road edge. He's also very high as the the lamp post tops are way below him as is the wavy concrete blast wall. He's also above the aircraft fuselages. Have a look at about 17 minutes30 seconds when the DHL Airbus taxies past that gives a good idea of his height.

I'd put money on him being on that construction site on the south side of the Southern Perimeter road either at the top of a new building or a tower crane although it's too steady for that so there must be a new building going up there . A very good view of 09R , all I can say is he's very lucky to have access there (I would love to try it!) and his camera work is excellent (far better than that Big Jet TV bloke) and he lets the aircraft do the talking with subtitles rather than inane chat. Very nicely done.

this comment posted against the video suggests he works there: A good start before your shift. Fantastic Video as always despite the rough Weather! Barely anything stops You

hopefully what ever is being built there will have public access of some sort ;) ;) ;) thanks for the heads up on it, very enjoyable video
Andy

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:40 pm

There's a very tall mound of earth near the Eastern end of that building site on Google Earth, it's not been taken from there, has it?

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “London Heathrow”