Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Another go at Heathrow

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.

Polehill

Re: Another go at Heathrow

Post by Polehill » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 am

A nice set, how did you find the Sigma in action?

Mike

chris.howe3051

Post by chris.howe3051 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 am

Polehill wrote:A nice set, how did you find the Sigma in action?

Mike
Loved it, it's going to take some getting used to, first 300mm+ lens I've owned, wasn't initially prepared for the weight of it. It's a lot crisper than my 70-300mm and the images that I got yesterday were much better than what I usually get.

The only thing I found, which isn't a deal breaker it's just something that you need to get used to is being careful of the positioning of your hands. Even in AF mode if you move the focus ring it will manually change the focus. Because of the positioning of the focus ring I found I was accidentally turning it whilst zooming in/out and so some shots were a bit fuzzy. Nothing that a bit of practice won't fix though!

Polehill

Post by Polehill » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am

Thanks for the info Chris. I'm looking to get a 400mm + lens this year.

chris.howe3051

Post by chris.howe3051 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm

I went for the Sigma 50-500mm APO HSM I think its great, best bang for buck.

London Camera Exchange is where I got mine £1099 and if you don't want to spend it all out straight away they do some really good finance options

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”