Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Exeter Airport Spotting

Post your logs, movements and information for Exeter here.
airbusa320fan

Exeter Airport Spotting

Post by airbusa320fan » Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 am

Hi

I am planning a trip to Exeter Airport. Does anyone know if your allowed to take photos and do spotting here as someone told me this was not allowed? Don't want to end up on in trouble if I can avoid it.

Many thanks

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Exeter Airport Spotting

Post by andygolfer » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 am

there are movements and photos here: http://redmike.magix.net/public/ so somebody is taking pics there and i'm sure we've had them on here.

There's an e-mail option at the bottom of the above page so you might get info from there.

Welcome to the forum BTW

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Undertaker

Post by Undertaker » Tue May 09, 2017 5:03 pm

There was/is a 'No Photography' sign on the fence I think near the cafe

Sussex to Devon

Post by Sussex to Devon » Tue May 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi,

There is a no photo sign near the Flybe and terminal complex. I was there last Tuesday. Be honest it is nigh impossible to see anything at the airport now, best is down by car park 4 long term, but there has been in the past security staff issues. North side there is a parking bay just West of the airport on the old A30, can walk back. I wouldn't suggest parking on the grass verge however. But generally I would say viewing is very poor there now.

airbusa320fan

Post by airbusa320fan » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 am

I did got there lEaster in 2016 and the Staff Car Park is ideal for photographing taxiway and runway and the Air Ambulance and Police Heliport. But apart from that there isn't much I know. I think it might be a trip to the car park for me to get the Flybe New Walker hangar stuff, the stuff on the disused runway and then decamp somewhere and use the old flight tracker. Thanks all for replies.

Sussex to Devon

Post by Sussex to Devon » Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 am

Hi,

When you come off the new A30 over the road on the roundabout if you turn left to Clyst Honiton there is a pull in next left, which at the end of the runway. I will be honest it has been a time since I parked there, so hoping there is still no issues there. When I last went there, a car sales place implied it was there land, which to my knowledge isn't the case.

Maltatripper

Post by Maltatripper » Mon May 15, 2017 7:01 am

Can pictures be taken from the staff car park?.

airbusa320fan

Post by airbusa320fan » Mon May 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Maltatripper wrote:Can pictures be taken from the staff car park?.

Well, thats where I took my photos from unhindered. TBH if there were signs I didn't notice them, not through ignorance just through honest not seeing them.

Sussex to Devon

Post by Sussex to Devon » Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi,

I think the area they don't like photos taken are around the terminal and the general aviation parking area, also bit funny around the Flybe hangars.

Danseaman

Post by Danseaman » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 pm

I often pop in when I'm passing, just a walk from the car park around to the staff car park and then around to EDF, quick walk onto the mound to see if anything is around there, then off home. Been told to move once by an angry EDF employee but it was a Sunday and no one else around to get in the way off!
Canon 90D 6DII, Canon 24-105L, Canon 100-400II L

airbusa320fan

Post by airbusa320fan » Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 am

It's odd how larger airports seem to encourage aviation spotters, like the railway as an extra set of eyes, but Exeter seems to discourage it. Larger airports are likely to be more of a target than smaller ones like Exeter with a lot less commercial traffic

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Sat May 27, 2017 5:58 am

:D

he last time I went -I parked in the main car park and walked back along the road and climbed the grass embankment to see what was in the front of the terminal- also just did a slow drive by past the Flybee hangars.

Bob :thumb:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Return to “Exeter”