Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

canon 5D mk 111 or canon 7d mk11

A section to help increase your photography and processing knowledge - if there’s something you want help with or if you can provide an answer to a question which has be posted please use the Questions & Answers sub forum
mach one
POTM winner

canon 5D mk 111 or canon 7d mk11

Post by mach one » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 pm

I have been looking at a new body as i have now sold my 50D which i guess was about six years old

I am now looking for a new body and i think it may be time to go full frame and get the 5d mk3 but still not sure as the new 7D mk2 may be better for motorsport and fast jet photos with its excelent auto focus and its very fast 10fps, it is marketed as sports and action camera as there is not a landscape to be seen in any of the canon test shots

heart says 5d head says 7d, any thoughts ?

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: canon 5D mk 111 or canon 7d mk11

Post by talldan76 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Depends on what lenses you have got, and what you are primarily going to be shooting I guess..?

There should be some good deals coming up on the 5d mk3 due to the imminent announcement of the Mk4 (I say imminent, but it may be next year!)

I know someone who bought a 5d mk3 earlier this summer, and loves it, he was unsure of spending that much on the body, but now won't shut up about how good his photos are! lol.

If you don't mind buying a grey market body, you could save a packet on either of them from HDEW (and no I don't work for them before anyone asks!!)

Dan

mach one
POTM winner

Re: canon 5D mk 111 or canon 7d mk11

Post by mach one » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:34 am

talldan76 wrote:Depends on what lenses you have got, and what you are primarily going to be shooting I guess..?

There should be some good deals coming up on the 5d mk3 due to the imminent announcement of the Mk4 (I say imminent, but it may be next year!)

I know someone who bought a 5d mk3 earlier this summer, and loves it, he was unsure of spending that much on the body, but now won't shut up about how good his photos are! lol.

If you don't mind buying a grey market body, you could save a packet on either of them from HDEW (and no I don't work for them before anyone asks!!)

Dan
I have all EF lenses so they will fit either body main things that i am going to be shooting is airshows flying and static, civilian aviation and motorsport right from clubman motorcycle rscing up to world superbikes and british touring cars

I don't mind buying grey and have bought from an importer that is not far from me in mid wales in the past and a 5D mk3 with them is a shade under £1400 and on the high street it runs around £2250, so buying grey i could have the 5D mk3 and the 7D mk2 for the price of the 5D on the high street so it a no brainer for me

Return to “Photography Questions & Answers”