Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

10 part Bucket List

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
beefsteak

10 part Bucket List

Post by beefsteak » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:48 pm

I put together a bit of a bucket list when my MS started getting bad, some aviation, some fishing, some foody and the rest family related.

I've already got one ticked off, that was to catch a fish from my bedroom window !............. Not as daft as it may seem, I'd seen those 'chalet' type rentals in the Maldives that are built out into the sea and it got me thinking! Now I couldn't afford to take the family there, but we had a boat on the Norfolk Broads and I managed to cast a line from my bedroom on the boat, catching a few!

Another one is to go Marlin/big game fishing which my good lady is allowing me to do next May, a mate and I are off for a week out of the Canaries. There shouldn't be an issue if I do latch onto something as I'll be strapped into a chair and just about the only part of me that still works okay is my right (winding) arm.....LOL

Now I've just ticked off another..................... November 21st sees me taking a flight on an A380 out to Dubai, a couple of hours for a bit of shopping returning the next day !.......................... :clap:

Now, any of you got a Bugatti Veyron I can borrow for half an hour?................ :P :thumb:

Bobbybefc

Re: 10 part Bucket List

Post by Bobbybefc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:36 am

:D

Good one mate- was allowed to take over the controls of my mates speedboat in Florida two years ago and did some fishing for the first time in my life catching about fifteen fish.

Long way to go for shopping in Dubai though!!!!

Happy Days

Bob :cool:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Cheers. The last time I was out that way (Abu Dhabi in 1990) Canon Cameras and accessories were ridiculously cheap. I'm hoping it's the same now.
(You'll soon know when I start selling some stuff on here .....LOL
:clap: :whistle:

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by talldan76 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:58 pm

beefsteak wrote: Another one is to go Marlin/big game fishing which my good lady is allowing me to do next May, a mate and I are off for a week out of the Canaries. There shouldn't be an issue if I do latch onto something as I'll be strapped into a chair and just about the only part of me that still works okay is my right (winding) arm.....LOL
I went out on a boat from Cancun a few years back, and have to say that game fishing is great fun, between 4 of us fishing on the boat we caught about 30 Tuna - which put up a hell of a fight!!

Hope you enjoy it when you get out there...!

Return to “General Chat Area”