Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Spotting locations at Amsterdam by public transport query

james143611

Spotting locations at Amsterdam by public transport query

Post by james143611 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello all,

Is there any way of getting to Runway 18L/36R by bus? The location in question is on this spotting guide, location number 14 on the map:

http://www.spotterguide.net/index.php/p ... ms-eham-2/

I noticed on google maps there are some bus stops around there, but I'll be staying at the IBIS hotel near the McDonalds in Badhoevedorp.

If you can get a bus there, what would I ask the driver for a return ticket too? I don't know a lot about the Dutch language, so trying to pronounce the location might be an issue. Just wondering if it's easier getting a day pass ticket that covers buses, but would some Amsterdam day rover ticket cover down to the south of the airport?

I would get a taxi, but I'm not sure how much that might cost, but then it's the issue of getting one back. Walking it looks like it would take an hour at least, something I don't really want to do.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Regards,

James.

afc100

Re: Spotting locations at Amsterdam by public transport quer

Post by afc100 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:36 pm

I have stayed at the Ibis Budget,and maybe the best idea is to take the free shuttle bus to Schiphol and ask at the info desk(don't worry about mis pronounciation,as the clerks in the kiosk speak superb english)

Return to “The Netherlands”