Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Log Ireland North and South 02-2014

Post your logs, movements and information for airports located in the N Ireland / Eire.
Ade

Log Ireland North and South 02-2014

Post by Ade » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:26 am

Removed
Last edited by Ade on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbybefc

Re: Log Ireland North and South 02-2014

Post by Bobbybefc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:58 pm

:D

Ade,

Looks like you had a great trip- I take it you have been to Newtownards before as you only noted the Beech 200. What are they like for letting you visit? :???: It is one airfield I would like to visit, as I have done the majority of fields in the south but have yet to venture up yo the north.

regarding the swiss Beech I am sure I have seen HB-GJI flying out of Belfast but don't quote me. :whistle:

Happy days

Bob :thumb:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Ade

Post by Ade » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi Bob
We arrived at Newtowards very early looking for the Canberra nose at the VGS hangar, The Beech was about the only thing outside no one was around so we left when we could not find anyone to ask.

We had contacted (via e-mail) quite a few places in Ireland and Northern Ireland and everybody was very friendly and showed up what we wanted to see, I would go that way if your thinking about go over it's no bother.

The Ulster Aviation Museum is on the Maze prison site if your old enough to remember and looks a very bad place to be.

I have posted a log with the military aircraft seen on FC at http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 85&t=93626

All in all i would go back it's a great place North and South everyone is so friendly and can't do enough for you

Cheers

Ade

Bobbybefc wrote::D

Ade,

Looks like you had a great trip- I take it you have been to Newtownards before as you only noted the Beech 200. What are they like for letting you visit? :???: It is one airfield I would like to visit, as I have done the majority of fields in the south but have yet to venture up yo the north.

regarding the swiss Beech I am sure I have seen HB-GJI flying out of Belfast but don't quote me. :whistle:

Happy days

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 am

:D

Ade,

Thanks for the info- I am old and remember the Maze. Hopefully in the near future I will go again to the south and include the north as well this time.

Happy Days

Bobby B EFC :cool:

niallsaviation
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by niallsaviation » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Maybe you can clear something up for me

Are you sure G-BKMW that you have listed as a cockpit section of a 360 is actually a 360
I know it has a sticker on the side saying SH360 but I saw this aircraft as the company demonstrator Sherpa

G-BKMW by niallsaviation, on Flickr

Ade

Post by Ade » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 am

Hi Bob
Sorry it's taken an age to get back to you (work, work and more work) and thanks for you comments we had a great time in Ireland North and South. Anyway. Newtownards we just turned up late in the evening an logged the Beech the next morning we went back early to find nothing had moved so nothing more was logged, I am a mil spotter in the most but i do Airliners Biz-Jet and props as well but not GA unless it has a mil history but i will make notes and post things in what might be interesting places for others if i have the time. We found the whole of Ireland to be very friendly and very welcoming so i would think an e-mail or two to Newtonards would sort a visit out for you. And thanks for the Beech serial i did find it on http://www.belfastmovements.vze.com/ in the end, It arrived on the Monday before us and departed some days after.

Again thanks for your help

Cheers

Ade
Bobbybefc wrote::D

Ade,

Happy days

Ade

Post by Ade » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 am

Hi ??
I took the serial G-BKMW from Ken Ellis's book Wrecks and Relics 23 edition, I did look at the c/n plate in the cockpit but could not read it due to the angel and perspex in the was distorting the data that is all i can add to your question. If the c/n and serial is wrong i am only passing on a
"mis-pole" sorry guys

Cheers

Ade

niallsaviation wrote:Maybe you can clear something up for me

Are you sure G-BKMW that you have listed as a cockpit section of a 360 is actually a 360
I know it has a sticker on the side saying SH360 but I saw this aircraft as the company demonstrator Sherpa

G-BKMW by niallsaviation, on Flickr

Return to “N Ireland / Eire”