Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tannkosh

Post your logs, movements and information for European that aren't covered above.
Terry

Tannkosh

Post by Terry » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Nobody decided to go with me (is it something I smell of :lol:) , so I though s-d it I will go on my own, so I did. A few facts & figures before I start.
I logged over 500 aircraft (at Tannheim) took over 250 pics, walked absolutely f**king miles, so I am completely knackered.I don't propose to type in the whole lot. So constructive suggestions please.
As it was a bank holiday looming the X channel ferries & Chunnel were heavily booked, I eventually got away on Friday 26th a little before 01.00.
My usual plot, saunter across to Luxembourg (cheap fuel & avoid French toll roads) before heading into Germany.
Luxembourg approx 07.00 26th , LX AWY still stuck on the hangar roof :lol:

LX PMA , VP BXC (is this dumped here ?) LX OCV , LX ARS , LX PGA , LX RSQ , LX LGK , LX LGZ , LX FGB , LX PCW , D FOLI and D COMB (M is iffy) and a PA 28 - XAVI, I assume G-.

I did a silly & put my faith in Joanna (Lumley on the Tom Tom) & we went miles (100+) out of the way, so I 'accidently' passed Sinsheim. Its difficult without a map ( I usually use a laptop & GPS....don't ask :mad: )

Sh*tty shot from the autoroute, of the 2 SST's.( I intended to go in on Sunday on my return but didn't make it !)
Next stop Stuttgart for an hour & supplies. Opposite the GA apron is a (fairly) good place to spot from & there is a large supermarket type place so I could get some 'vitals' plenty of beers ,a few 'wursts' and some bread & cheese.

STR 13.00 ish 26th

D INDI , D GJET , D EHFP , D ABFB , D EABZ , D EBCD , D EJPE , D EZXX , D ESKJ , D EWEB , D ENTG , D EEBC , D EKNZ , G GBRS , D IRSB , D EXBB ,

D IEFA , D IHHH , VP CGC , D AHXC , D AKNL , D AINC , D IVVA , D CEFD , D AKNK , D AKNS , D ELRA , D EFGV , D ABJI , VP CGA , D ABBI , D AIHC ,

D CWWP , D ABBF , D ELRA , D EYPE , F GUGN , D ABIR , TC ACP , PH KZD , D AGRS , D EBDM , D IIPW , D GBVW , D GBWA .

Then off to Tannheim. I arrived maybe 15.30 parked up & went into the exhibitors area.
N 208AE , D ELEE , D MDDC , D KMIS , N411MX , D EUXL , D MYBR , D EBNC , D ETPV , D MFIA , D MCHG , D MKKG , D MQOP , D MORE ,

D MVLE , PH 4H7 , OE ALP , D EGBR , D ELAX , G SPAT , D HAVB , D MBTU , D MHAD , D MGFK , D MNRV , D MRHG , D MTDK , D KMUD ,

D MFFK , D EHHC , D MSSS , F JRLQ , D ELWU , D MPST , D MYXI , D MFIA , D EOKS , HB YMV , HB YMU , D KEBH , N72133 , N806CR

LY AVI , D KCPV , G CUBL , D IOIO , D KOIG , D MRCQ , D EXMI , D EFWS , G LHER , D MRHG , D MCDD , D MFTT , D MBMM.

I know they start kids early these days but a motorbike with stabilisers ? :lol: :lol: ;)

have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Re: Tannkosh

Post by The Cameraman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Terry,

the bike is a Peraves Monotracer and is my favourite bike of all time.

They use BMW 4 cylinder engines, have a top speed of 155mph (typical restriction) and cost circa £45,000.

Looks like a cracking trip.

I'd have loved to have joined you but loosing my second job, within the year, has left me somewhat totally skint! One day eh, one day!

Regards

Reggie

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi Reggie
I know you were keen to go, and had lost your job so couldn't. But there's not a lot I can say, apart from get another :lol: .
We'll get something together sometime so try not to get despondent.
Meanwhile I'll send a ' pick your brains' p.m.
Try and have fun
Terry

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Terry,

well I've sent you a PM reply but it just show's in my outbox, so I ain't got a clue if it's gone.

Is it only me that has problems in selecting the reply option on these poxy PM's? Where as the reply to post option works everytime.

Regards

Reggie

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 am

The Cameraman wrote:Hi Terry,

well I've sent you a PM reply but it just show's in my outbox, so I ain't got a clue if it's gone.

Is it only me that has problems in selecting the reply option on these poxy PM's? Where as the reply to post option works everytime.

Regards

Reggie
Hi Reggie,PM's will stay in your outbox until the recipient reads them,then they will move into your sent box.As far as I know they're working OK.

Cheers fella,

Mike

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Reggie
I see your message was at 7.47, I was still in bed then (I did say yesterday I was Knackered,still am as it happens :lol: ,must have got up too early :lol: )
I struggle with this computer stuff too,it makes no sense at all, but thats probably my age :lol:
have fun
Terry

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Well I waded through all the suggestions and decided upon MY one. I couldn't possibly subject you to all my snaps, so here are just the Non D- from day2 Friday (arrivals day).

You can probably tell ;) these haven't been 'doctored' (I dunno how :lol: )
Enjoy
Terry

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 am

Flaps wrote:
The Cameraman wrote:Hi Terry,

Regards

Reggie
Hi Reggie,PM's will stay in your outbox until the recipient reads them,then they will move into your sent box.As far as I know they're working OK.

Cheers fella,

Mike
Hi Mike,

thanks for that. I thought it was me doing something wrong, as every other system I've used shows PM's as sent, as soon as you've press the send key. I spent ages trying to find a way of sending it.

You've put my mind at ease.

Reagrds

Reggie

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:43 am

Hi Terry,

is that F-JSBY the smallest reg'n you've ever seen on a full sized aircraft? I hope there's something a bit bigger, under the wings?

Reagdrs

Reggie

Terry

Post by Terry » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Reggie
Not sure about that, as I know the Italian ultra/micro lights don't have to carry an external registration, as long as the reg is on a plate on the panel ,thats good enough. In the pics above the Swiss aircraft with the arms/flags poking above the canopy, didn't appear to carry a reg at all. I couldn't find one, not even on the panel ! I'm off to Paris on Monday morning at disgusting o'clock for a day at Le Bourget,then a collection in Paris at 6 p.m. straight back to LHR.
Later I'm going subject you all to day 3 pics :lol:
Don't have too much fun
Terry

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Terry,

hope you have a safe, traffic free journey, with plenty of new aircraft.

Looking forward to more shots.

Regards

Reggie

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Reggie
Thanks for the best wishes, but Paris/Monday/traffic free that's a 'little' optimistic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right day 3 only non D-...........................

Okay so I lied this one is a D-

Heres the Frenchy with the tiny reg

Thats it , have fun
Terry

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Terry,

keep them Cubs coming!

Regards

Reggie

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi reggie

Here are a few more Cub pics, but remember primarily the meet was for ultra/micro lights. The shot with the 3 cubs were the taxi's for the skydivers.

Have fun
Terry

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Terry,

thanks matey.

Regards

Reggie

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:48 pm

:D

Great report and some lovely photos, meant to go last year (2013) which again was a success- have pencilled it in for 2015 and with a bit of luck Oshkosh as well. Was going to do the latter this year but getting made redundant has put paid to that plan.

Happy Days

Bob :thumb:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Return to “The rest of Europe”