Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Big Jet TV - good or bad?

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
Tally-ho

Big Jet TV - good or bad?

Post by Tally-ho » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Real time aviation streaming (livestream shows says the Facebook page) has arrived. Some hate it some love it, however, the entrepreneurial spirit of the human kind is alive and well.

Today the man and his van is live from LHR, with 1,000+ viewers at any given time. He already boasts 180,000 followers and counting! Your view?

https://www.facebook.com/BigJetTV/?__tn ... NMojA4O4rG

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Big Jet TV - good or bad?

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:22 pm

If I wrote what I truly think about him and his side-kick Gilly on here, then I would have to ban myself from this forum for disgustingly bad language.

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Rugbyref

Post by Rugbyref » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:10 am

Having read so much about him, I followed the link above and put up with his sniffing, repetitious inane waffling for a few minutes, then had to turn off. Some of the camera work is good, but that is all.

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:28 pm

I''ve had a few looks and TBH I thought it pretty dire.

I've seen far better video work on here in the Aviation in motion section - have a look and you will see what I mean. I won't name names so you have to look but you will be pleasantly surprised by the efforts they make and also there's a guy on my A-B Stansted group called Elliot Langran who is Shot hit at it, he posts elsewhere as well but I don't think he's on here..
There are lots of people out there doing it for the love of it rather than profit and without any privileges - there a few bad ones too who like lamp posts on the north side of LHR as a foreground! (aren't there Mike).

this guy's commentaries drove me up the wall in minutes (plenty of sensationalist claptrap) and I just couldn't watch it without screaming. I certainly wouldn't subscribe to any of his work.
Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

ap57uk

Post by ap57uk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:16 am

I have seen him in action and had the misfortune to meet him in the flesh. i have hear a few rumors about him and if true there is a chance he will ruin our great hobby for a lot of folks. i sincerly hope these rumours are unfounded.

I watched one of his shows a while ago and turned it off after 5 minutes. I was amazed that people subscribe to such drivel but i suppose if you are under 12 years old you dont know any better.

i have heard more than once that he has a strong dislike for the travelling community and openly expresses his views. i bet he would not repeat his words to a member of the travelling community.

Best regards

Alpuk

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am

his claimed 180000 followers probably include a majority who looked just once and thought it was poor and never watched again . I'm probably amongst that number and I doubt I've watched him more than three times hoping to see an improvement over previous visits - which there wasn't
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

BigWillp75

Post by BigWillp75 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Seen him in action around LHR and behaviour and attitude is very poor and selfish. Very poor knowledge and very clear only doing it to make money and not because he has a like/love for the hobby.

james143611

Post by james143611 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm

I did have a subscription at first but didn't last long, too annoying, keeps shouting 'Yeeeaahhhh' over anything passing by or spooling up, yes I say that myself sometimes but only in my head!!

Theres an interesting clip on his site or his FB where is having a rant with a Dutch spotter at Schipol, he put the video up because he wanted people to know he does nothing wrong and this spotter was in the wrong.

Apparently he's a litter bug, and has got around during lockdown as hes a journalist...

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:41 pm

james143611 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm
I did have a subscription at first but didn't last long, too annoying, keeps shouting 'Yeeeaahhhh' over anything passing by or spooling up, yes I say that myself sometimes but only in my head!!

Theres an interesting clip on his site or his FB where is having a rant with a Dutch spotter at Schipol, he put the video up because he wanted people to know he does nothing wrong and this spotter was in the wrong.

Apparently he's a litter bug, and has got around during lockdown as hes a journalist...
Somehow he got a piece of paper to say that he is a 'Journalist' and that included being a 'key-worker' - he waves it at anyone in authority to show them how 'important' he is. :whistle:
He is NOT important, he cannot even finish a sentence without saying "err, errr, errrr, errr, err, errrrrrr, err, errrrrrr," etc. in the middle of it and then he has to say "Man" at the end of any sentence that he has somehow successfully completed, he doesn't even bother to do any research for any new places that he's going to - especially military airfields.

His Coningsby feeds were an absolute joke, he's done 2 of them this summer during lockdown, this is a photo that the mother of a kid with 'learning disabilities' took with Jerry Dire/Dyer/Dier in June :-

.............Which makes me wonder which one of the three people have 'learning disabilities', maybe it's just the mother and Jerry Dire/Dyer/Dier and there's nothing wrong with the kid at all?

Here's the link to the Schipol incident, well done to our Dutch friend. :thumb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-_46kv ... verified=1

:whistle:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 pm

I can deal with his general lack of everything that he lacks by simply ignoring his output. BUT - and I mean a big but - that image during a pandemic with social distancing being one of the key aspects to observe borders criminality. In addition his classification of key worker is ridiculous and insulting to genuine key workers - NHS, emergency services, utilities (inlcuding me although I don't personally see myself as such but have the letter with every other employee of the company) but I stayed at home to work. Essential journalism maybe but not anyone who doesn't need to be out to report and that should be reserved for important news affecting the general public not hobbyists, especially when they are that bad!

james143611

Post by james143611 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:43 pm

Most people would say turn the sound off, but that doesn't help as I like to hear planes taking off or landing, especially when a RB211 is involved.

He get's civil aircraft wrong, I know for beginners you have to start somewhere, but didn't take me long to work out ID features. I'm not on about the finer details like ER's, -200 or -300's, engine types, he seems to continuously confuse the difference between a 787 and 777, and viewers do the corrections, it's like he can't be bothered to learn and take it in.

I didn't bother with the recent military streams, so sounds like I didn't miss much then!

I agree that image is just wrong, and being a key worker is not what this is! I did however have to laugh at his Red Arrows/PDF flypast video, as he got kicked out Richmond Park from the police as he didn't have a permit to film there, but I did read that apparently he said 'don't you know who I am?!' It would not surprise me it that was the reply!

His attitude is something else, I ABSOLUETLY CANNOT believe what he did at a invited airside event with BA, telling someone to move and get out the way, unbelievable :o

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=350455768892926

Apparently barred from any future BA media event invitations, and quite right too I'd say...

FlyingColours

Post by FlyingColours » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Oh my God that was embarrassing to watch :o I'm also surprised he didn't just march over to that tug and climb on the roof for a better shot :lol:

Unknown35

Post by Unknown35 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:36 am

He’s an aquired taste isn’t he?

Return to “General Chat Area”