Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hello all

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
epw45

Hello all

Post by epw45 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Thanks for allowing me on to the forum. My nearest airports are Sywell and Turweston. Looking forward to getting back to them and getting some more photographs when Covid-19 is defeated.

jakdaw

Re: Hello all

Post by jakdaw » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Welcome to the group, I think we are all looking forward to getting back to the airfields. A nice pair of airfields for your locals.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Welcome to CA. :thumbs:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi and welcome epw45 :) Only been to Sywell on a couple of occasions some years ago but do recall it being quite busy. Driven past Turweston but never seen anything flying. Maybe I need to visit some more airfields when some sort of normality is restored - whenever that may be. For now I'm just glad to see a distant trail :(

LTD@TW

Post by LTD@TW » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 am

Nighthawke wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Hi and welcome epw45 :) ...Driven past Turweston but never seen anything flying. ...
Hi Nighthawke - TW isn't an easy place to drive past, and believe me, apart from the COVID situation, the airfield is rarely quiet. You cannot see much from the A43 due to the topography and the local roads have trees and fields and hedges blocking the view.

There is a FB group "Turweston Aerodrome Spotters" and if you check it out, I think you will find it far from quiet, and definately varied.

Spotters/enthusiasts/photographers are encouraged to drop some coins (or notes) of the realm into the donation tin for a look around. The air ambulance gained £350 in just three months at the end of last year, despite the lockdowns.

ATVB
G

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”