Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Air-Britain 2019 fly-in announced

Publicise,discuss and report on fly-ins that take place throughout the UK or abroad where there is no formal air display planned, this can include nightshoots. Also please submit logs of aircraft present (visitors and/or residents)
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Air-Britain 2019 fly-in announced

Post by andygolfer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Today's newsletter from Air-Britain has announced that the 2019 Fly-in which for the last few years has been held a North Weald will be held at Turweston aerodrome over the weekend of 22-23 June.

This nice central venue should make it very attractive for visitors both by air and land. Entrance cost will be £5 per day (under 12s free).

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Bobbybefc

Re: Air-Britain 2019 fly-in announced

Post by Bobbybefc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:04 am

:D

Thanks for the heads up Andy- great location and very friendly airfield for me-

Happy Days

Bob :thumbs:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

1marshn30

Post by 1marshn30 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi all
I had an enjoyable afternoon Yesturday at Turweston a nice mix of types and frendly atmosphere well worth a fiver. Highlight of the afternoon was the arrivalof the Sharkmouth Mustang and Dragon Raipide G-AJGJ . Both were parked up so that you could get up and person.Entry to the hangars was restricted but a list was posted on the doors which were open. Here is a loG from 2pm onwards .I will post photos latter.

G-BALF G-AROY G-SFTZ G-BEER/K2075 G-AJKB G-BROO TW536 G-BEWR G-RVEI G_BLLO G-CESA
G-BLXO G-ASCH G-CGLJ XR267 G-APSW G-BWWA G-AWPW G-BRPY G-JACM G-EGBS G-OHAL
G-BGPI G-BSVS G-HMSJ G-CBXZ G-AGJG G -SWHM /KH774 G-BBNM
Also noted around the airfield
G-WINX G-BKTA XX629 G- GFCB G-BHLX G-BODR G-RUES G -BDEY F-GITZ N42LJ N365RE

LAA hangar
G-GOLX G-BBMR G-BLMR G-BCAZ G-JHMP G-AOSK G-AVDF G-CDPB G-BDBD G-OFFA G-LDWC
G- BUKK

NI

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:36 pm

:D

Went Saturday logged 140 plus- great weather helped- and a credit to the Air Britain chaps and chappesses for having the flyin at this spotter friendly airfield- lots of work has been done since my last visit- fixing the road for a start and the big hangar opposite Micks hangar is new- all the hangars were open on Saturday- with lists of occupants on the door's albeit some lists were not correct with the odd resident having left the hangar for a flight etc. Hopefully the event will stay at Turweston- and as you say well worth a fiver and the airside pass was great. Out of the 140 seen made 24 which is good- with a few gap fillers being amongst them.

Bob :thumb:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Return to “Fly-ins and Nightshoots etc”