Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Don't ignore the symptoms

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Don't ignore the symptoms

Post by LondonEye » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi all, have been off the scene for a while, basically angina and surgery. Thankfully, mending well. Gives you time to think.
First noted signs in November - but - typical man - exuses.
Lot going on, let's get Christmas out of the way, then I will see a doctor. Man attitude - we don't like or see need to go doctors. We expect pains and problems as we get older. We can put up with it. Don't want a fuss, I can work through it, etc.
Well, it came to a head and I had to do something about it. Now, my quality of life has massively improved.
There is loads of health education out there concerning the things that we might expect - heart, prostate, diabetes etc.
Many of you will be more sensible than me, but my message for those hesitating is don't ignore the symptoms. Get yourself checked out. You will be glad you did.
Sorry if I sound like a preacher, but if it helps one of you guys reading this to bite the bullet, then it will be great.
Best wishes to all - have a great Aviation year, and more importantly - good health in 2020.
Pete.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Don't ignore the symptoms

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:23 pm

Wise words Pete and I'm delighted to hear that you're on the mend, a very happy new year to you. :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “General Chat Area”