Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

BMW Sat Nav idrive

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
Fullenglish

BMW Sat Nav idrive

Post by Fullenglish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to enter a destination by punching in co-ordiates on a BMW idrive. It's doing my head in. One should be able to do it but it's beaten me?

Phil
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

mach one
POTM winner

Re: BMW Sat Nav idrive

Post by mach one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Fullenglish wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to enter a destination by punching in co-ordiates on a BMW idrive. It's doing my head in. One should be able to do it but it's beaten me?

Phil
the BMW sat navs are strange, for many years they did not allow full post code entry and it made it hard to input more rural locations that did not have a street name

how old is the car that the sat nav is fitted to

Fullenglish

Post by Fullenglish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:43 pm

It's 2009 model. Just to be clear. I don't mean postcodes. Its the co-ordinates.
Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please. ... Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Fullenglish wrote:It's 2009 model. Just to be clear. I don't mean postcodes. Its the co-ordinates.
Like GPS co ordinates ?

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:36 pm

as far as i know there is No GPS coordinate data entry on the BMW nav systems

I have the 2009 5 series one of the last E60 models with the Business navigation system and i cant enter GPS coordinate data

I do not know it the BMW professional navigation system has this as an option but i suspect not

Return to “General Chat Area”