Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Howdie From Canada

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
WingNut

Howdie From Canada

Post by WingNut » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:34 am

I looked for an intro section and couldn't find one so I hope you don't mind me putting my
intro here.....

I'm an aviation enthusiast that happens to own some Canon camera gear and like to put it to use as
often as I am able. My lens of choice for the past 10 years has been a Canon 100 - 400mm IS bolted on to
bodies starting with a Canon 30D and now on a full frame 6D.

Until three weeks ago I lived in the lower mainland of British Columbia not far from Vancouver and was
able to capture some aircraft shots via visits to various local airshows between Seattle and B.C. That changed recently
when we moved up to a very remote area of northern Alberta, a place where few aircraft come unless there is a forest fire nearby.
I'm going to miss my aviation photography but in it's place I'll be blessed with my second passion and that's wildlife from Bison
to wolves and a myriad of birds.

In my photo vaults I have a few aircraft shots shots hidden away and over time I'll share what I have with the folks here. I hope I'll
manage to put them in their proper section(s). I've also signed up for access to " Fighter Control " side of things so you'll probably see me
there as well.

If at any time someone has a question please fire it my way and I'll answer it as best as I can.

Play safe and keep your WingNuts tight.............

I should have mentioned my favorite type of aviation photography happens to be of the " warbird " and / or vintage era.
I hide some of my shots HERE

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Howdie From Canada

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 am

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some shots from Canada. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “General Chat Area”