Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Glastonbury Cancelled 2021

Please use this area for non-aviation related chat.
Bobbybefc

Glastonbury Cancelled 2021

Post by Bobbybefc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 pm

:D

Only January 21st but one of the major events in the music calendar the Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled- could have a major impact on everyone's plans for 2021.

Stay Safe

Bob :cool:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Bobbybefc

Re: Glastonbury Cancelled 2021

Post by Bobbybefc » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:38 am

:(

2021 could be like 2020 until the majority of the country have been vaccinated- I see that Jet 2 have cancelled holidays in April- possibly August -September before holidays get going properly again.

Stay Safe

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 pm

I think a lot of events where there are mass gatherings of people will be cancelled or scaled back this year. Hopefully, as more people get vaccinated at home and abroad, there will be a slow and gradual re-opening of the economy but I think it'll be a couple of years until we're back to "normal" whatever that will look like.

Martin

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:36 pm

:D

I agree Martin- I think RIAT will be a no-no as will The Grand National, and Cheltenham. I have worked all throughout the pandemic apart from 6 weeks last April when I was on Furlough- going into work in the morning, you would think the country was back to normal- with the amount of cars on the road.

Lets hope once the vaccine is given to most we can get back to some kind of normality, but alas I think that is going to be in the second half of the year, hopefully. But could be 2022, especially with the haggling over the vaccine, and remembering lots of people will not have it.

Stay safe

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:10 pm

EBACE has been cancelled again for this year which is not surprising really. Hopefully I'll be able to make the usual trip to Geneva next year.

Martin

Return to “General Chat Area”