Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

req: dubai hotels

Post your logs, movements and information for The Rest of the World.
else918

req: dubai hotels

Post by else918 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi

has anybody stayed at the nojoum apartments.

can anybody confirm if this is better than the Sheraton.

if anybody can share anything on the nojoum that would be great .

thanks

PSH

Re: req: dubai hotels

Post by PSH » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,

I've stayed at both.

Pro points for The Nojoum

1) Much better angle on the aircraft for photography. The Sheraton are too near the overhead, The Nojoum gives a side on angle.
2) Your room has a balcony-therefore you have privacy whilst going about your business-The Sheraton means spotting from the rooftop area and the associated awkward questions from other guests.
3) You can spot all night from your room/balcony as it has great views over the airfield (flight tracking needed for tie ups-great coverage is available on Flight Radar 24). Also room spotting means cool air conditioning which is essential in the summer. The Sheratons pool closes at around 2230, views from the rooms are not too good.

Negatives

1) In my opinion not as nice a place as The Sheraton. Ok for spotting-but with family members maybe the overall facilities are not as nice.
2) The rooftop pool and bar of The Sheraton is much nicer and has views over the airport-The Nojoum pool has no bar and walls block the airport view
3) You get to meet more spotters at The Sheraton if travelling alone-there is nearly always somebody up on the roof.

There is a comprehensive run down of all the Dubai Spotting Hotels at http://www.plane-spotting-hotels.com/in ... ing-dubai/

I hope this helps

Andy
http://www.plane-spotting-hotels.com/

Return to “The Rest of the World”