Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford Road Trip 01/06/2019

Post your logs, movements and information for airports in central England - the Midlands and East Anglia.
Bobbybefc

Duxford Road Trip 01/06/2019

Post by Bobbybefc » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:13 am

:D

Saturday morning alarm goes off at 04:45- so up I get- load car up for my trip down to Duxford to see the Daks over Normandy, starting off with a quick trip to my spot in Runcorn that overlooks Liverpool Airport to see the needed Iberia A330 EC-MLP which had arrived earlier to take fans out of Madrid.

Then it was back on the M56/M6/M1 via the toll road to my first stop of the morning LUTON- was making really good time until I hit the accident 8 miles from LUTON which shut the motorway, and what eventually ended up with an hour and a half delay.

Anyway finally got to LUTON and made a nice log of biz-jets which included G550 B-KVC and G650 HS-KVS. Also present was another Iberia A330 EC-LUB.

After LUTON headed down the A505 to DUXFORD- weather was glorious and the US Dak’s all 14 of them were parked on the grass the majority right in front of the fences. So good photographs were easy to get.

Anyway went round the museum, and picked off a few needed ones which had arrived since my last visit a number of years ago.

Stayed at DUXFORD till 14:00 and just before I left, Swiss based Dak N431HM arrived. Speaking to some spotters who stated N341A was on it’s was, but checking my phone, saw that it had gone to Coventry.

Cutting my losses and happy with 15 Daks- started to make my way home via the M11 and A14, and decided to visit like last week HUSBANDS BOSWORTH again where 6 gliders hit the books, and better still saw N341A out of Coventry heading for Duxford.

Last call of the day again was EAST MIDLANDS where three DHL 757’s entered the books and also seen was Silkways 747 VQ-BBH

Finally got home just after six, had a chippy tea and a few beers. That’s it for a few weeks for me another 400 mile round trip, but worth it- getting all the US based DC3’s which got here.

Bob
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Nighthawke

Re: Duxford Road Trip 01/06/2019

Post by Nighthawke » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:48 am

Interesting read Bob -makes a change to have a written report to read through. Glad you had a good trip and made a few too. Take it easy today :) .

Thanks, Ian

Return to “Midlands and East Anglia”