Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

OLD WARDEN 25/05/2019 GYRO RECORD ATTEMPT

Post your logs, movements and information for airports in central England - the Midlands and East Anglia.
Bobbybefc

OLD WARDEN 25/05/2019 GYRO RECORD ATTEMPT

Post by Bobbybefc » Sun May 26, 2019 7:49 am

:D

Well the alarm went off at 04:30am this morning Saturday- 1st job to take the wife, sister-in-law, and two other girls to LPL to get their plane to Dublin- for my niece’s hen do. Returning Monday so decision made mid-week to visit Old Warden for the Rotorcraft Record Attempt. Well started off well as parked up at Speke after I dropped everyone off was needed Global T7-BIG which had arrived at LPL the previous morning.

So the trip began- down the M6 via the toll negotiating all the reduced smart motorway speed restrictions- going past the Coventry paintball Jaguar XZ369 which is parked in a field between Junction 1 & 2 on the left of the northbound carriageway of the M6.

1st stop of the day CRANFIELD where a quick look was made and SIX were made including Legacy VT-RBA. Then heading back to the motorway- went to Hulcote Farm and Hulcote Brook Farm (Heliport) which were both locked up- so back on the M1 to LUTON- where a full log was obtained included Gulf 750 C-FXAI.

Then it was off to OLD WARDEN- where the weather was beautiful- wall to wall blue stuff and where the following Gyro’s were logged:-

EC-XCM Magni
G-ARRT Wallis WA.116
G-ARZB Wallis WA.116
G-AYVO Wallis WA.120Srs
G-CBIT RAF-2000GTX-S
G-CFGG MT-03
G-CFGY MT-03
G-CFKA MT-03
G-CFXF Magni
G-CGCE Magni
G-CGGW MTO
G-CGIX MTO
G-CGLF Magni
G-CGLY Calidus
G-CGZM MTO
G-CHDK Magni
G-CHWM Cavalon
G-CICV MTO
G-CIHW Cavalon
G-CIKG Calidus
G-CIRH Magni
G-CIRT MTO
G-CITM Magni
G-CJTC Calidus
G-CKWR Magni
G-CKYD MTO
G-CKZZ Magni
G-CLDV Cavalon
G-COLI MT-03
G-DADA MT-03
G-DBDB Magni
G-EVAA Cavalon
G-GYRA Calidus
G-HMHM MTO
G-HOTC MTO
G-IGLL MTO
G-IROJ Magni
G-IROX Magni
G-ITAR Magni
G-IYRO RAF-2000
G-JBRE MT-03
G-JMBJ Magni
G-JWNW Magni
G-KBOJ MTO
G-KIMH MTO
G-LISS Calidus
G-MRLS Calidus
G-MSGI Magni
G-MUDX Cavalon
G-OTZZ Cavalon
G-OWLS Magni
G-PAFF MTO
G-PALT MTO
G-PCPC Calidus
G-PPBZ Calidus
G-RARA MTO
G-RDNY Cavalon
G-SJEF Cavalon
G-YROA MTO
G-YROG Magni
G-YRON Magni
G-YROR Magni
G-YROU- Magni

There was a few fixed wing as well which I have omitted- had a quick drive over to the hangars on the far side, but as expected the gate was locked. So I returned to Old Warden- leaving at about 14:00ish

Went home via HUSBANDS BOSWORTH where a further three hit the books- then to EAST MIDLANDS where it has changed since my last visit- NO STOPPING red lines everywhere- so only able to log needed 737 G-JMCJ.

On my way home heard the M6 was closed between 15 & 16 so had to go cross country which added about two hours on my journey- quick stop at DARLEY MOOR which again had nothing on view. Arriving home at 19:20- Chippy tea and few beers before retiring to my bed just after midnight.

Made a few today- but I am getting to old for these early starts- so overnight stays in future for me. Oh by the way the record was beaten by a couple.

Happy Days

Bob
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Bobbybefc

Re: OLD WARDEN 25/05/2019 GYRO RECORD ATTEMPT

Post by Bobbybefc » Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 am

:D

Made 23 of the Gyros at Old Warden

Happy Days

Bob :thumb:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Return to “Midlands and East Anglia”