Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Chipmunk 75th Anniversary @ Old Warden, 22/05/21

Post your airshow images here, military aircraft that attend civilian airshows can be posted as long as the bulk of the photos in the thread are of civilian participants.
TheMightyOz
POTM & SPOTM winner

Chipmunk 75th Anniversary @ Old Warden, 22/05/21

Post by TheMightyOz » Sun May 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Yesterday Old Warden hosted a fly-in to mark the 75th anniversary of the first flight of the de Havilland DHC-1 Chipmunk. The weather wasn't as good as it was for the 70th anniversary, but there was still a good turnout. I believe the final figure was 34 attending Chipmunks, including Shuttleworth's own example that was brought out of the hangar and a couple of based Chippies. The oldest surviving Chipmunk, G-AKDN, came down from Teesside and the BBMF brought both of theirs down from Coningsby. Unfortunately I had to leave at lunchtime so missed the 16-ship formation flight. Anyway, here are some of my photos:

Cheers,
Oz

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Chipmunk 75th Anniversary @ Old Warden, 22/05/21

Post by Mike » Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 am

An excellent set of shots, love the line-up in the last shot and doesn't 'KDN look great? :) :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Martin

Re: Chipmunk 75th Anniversary @ Old Warden, 22/05/21

Post by Martin » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:09 pm

A nice selection, I do like the last one with them all lined up. G-AKDN does look fantastic, it must take a while to polish it.

Martin

Return to “Airshows/Events”