Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Shuttleworth Vintage Airshow

Post your airshow images here, military aircraft that attend civilian airshows can be posted as long as the bulk of the photos in the thread are of civilian participants.
Cessna954
POTM & SPOTM winner

Shuttleworth Vintage Airshow

Post by Cessna954 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:01 pm

I attended my first airshow at Old Warden having been delighted with my visit under a month earlier for the Moth gathering.

It was an fabulous day, so relaxed and spoilt with such great flying. The weather did turn changable at show start time which made photogrpahy trickie at times, but just a case of putting the camera down and enjoying the display.

I've focused on the civilan marked aircraft below but there's alot more in my Flickr album.

ImageSouthern Martlet G-AAYX by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Imagede Havilland DH-88 Comet G-ACSS by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Imagede Havilland Formation by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Imagede Havilland DH-51 G-EBIR & DH-60 Cirrus Moth G-EBLV by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Imagede Havilland DH-60X Hermes Moth G-EBWD, DH-60 Cirrus Moth G-EBLV & DH-82A Tiger Moth G-ANKT / K-2585 by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageSlingsby T.6 Kite 1 BGA310 by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageSpartan Arrow G-ABWP & de Havilland DH-60X Hermes Moth G-EBWD by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Imagede Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide G-AGSH by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageSopwith Dove G-EAGA by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageAeronca C3 G-ADRR by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImagePercival P.6 Mew Gull G-AEXF by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageZlin Z.226 Trener 6 G-EJGO by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageScillonia Airways de Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide G-AHAG by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageTravel Air 4000 NC5427 by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageMiles M.2L Hawk Speed Six G-ADGP by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageDesoutter I G-AAPZ by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageParnall Elf II G-AAIN by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageFauvel Wassmer AV.36CR BGA1999 by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImagePiper PA-18 Super Cub G-SVAS by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageMiles M.38 Messenger G-AKBO by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageMiles M.65 Gemini 1A G-AKHP by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageBlackburn B2 G-AEBJ by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

ImageExtra EA300, EA330 & Cap 232s by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

I'm looking forward to regualar visits to Old Warden next year.

Thanks for looking

Neil

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Shuttleworth Vintage Airshow

Post by LondonEye » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Very nice. It looks like you can get really close to the action.
Great shots.

Pete.

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:36 am

very nice Neil, unfortunately I missed that show as I was in Switzerland. It looks as though it was very good with one or two thatI've not seen flying there myself. Nice to know you may be there more regularly - I will look out ofr you.

It really is the best best regular airshow venue in the UK and never disappoints. A nice relaxed atmosphere and all very close to you.
andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Cessna954
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Cessna954 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Very nice. It looks like you can get really close to the action.
It seemed to me as though the display line is a close or better than you will have seen at other Uk display venues back in the 80's and 90's, plus it's a curved display line. It really is a pleasure to see aircraft properly displayed as they should.
It looks as though it was very good with one or two thatI've not seen flying there myself
It appears to be that kind of line up, with a pool of available aircraft allowing their rotation through the display season plus invited aircraft to provide further variety. On the day the DH-88 Comet went tech, so didn't display and the wind was out of limits for the Southern Martlet and Comper Swift. So that's three to catch up with another time.

They used the large Paddock because of the crosswind factor on the main runwa with ytake off and landings for the WW1 and inter-war types - the beauty of a grass airfield.

Neil

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 am

Beautiful photos, Cessna954. It is such a great venue, especially on a sunny day, and always with a great atmosphere.
I have wonderful memories of attending shows there in the mid- to late-1990s; perhaps one day I'll get round to scanning the slides I have. All credit to the Shuttleworth Collection for the effort they put in to making the shows so enjoyable.

Return to “Airshows/Events”