Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Air Britain fly in - North Weald, 9-6-2012, part 1

Post your airshow images here, military aircraft that attend civilian airshows can be posted as long as the bulk of the photos in the thread are of civilian participants.
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Air Britain fly in - North Weald, 9-6-2012, part 1

Post by andygolfer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 pm

I was at this event yesterday helping on the Vulcan Club stand but managed to get some breaks to look around and take some pics, there are quite a lot so have separated them into 2 different posts, weather was grot first part of the day so some were taken in less than ideal conditions

first some helicopters

The Essex Air Ambulance

and 2 of the Hertfordshire air Ambulance

and some of the jet powered aircraft did a photoshoot with the Flypast Beagle 206:

Vampire G-VTII wears reg WZ507

Jet Provost G-VIVM

and Jet Provost G-PROV in Saudi markings made up the photoshoot

the photoship Beagle 206 G-FLYP landing, one of the Air Britain marshalls was on board to act as spotter/ look out for the pilot, some of you might recognise him if you are members of the stansted branch!

and Gnat XR538 / G-RORI was prepared for flight but shut down as she was about to taxi

These 2 C.54s have been parked on the western side for years, they were brought over to be used in a film about the Berlin airlift and were painted up with military markings for the film but the project and the aircraft were then abandoned, the civil i.d.s are N44914 and N31356

Proctor G-AKEX is undergoing restoration at present

There were several Van's RV6s & 8s present on the airfield

and these were a few of the twin engined aircraft that were about

Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Re: Air Britain fly in - North Weald, 9-6-2012, part 1

Post by The Cameraman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 am

Mornin' Andy,

such a shame to see the big Doug's in such a state. I remember photographing them when they first came over, when they were in a lovely condition.

Regards

Reggie

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 am

The Cameraman wrote:Mornin' Andy,

such a shame to see the big Doug's in such a state. I remember photographing them when they first came over, when they were in a lovely condition.

Regards

Reggie

We were trying to remember when they arrived, I thought it was mid / late '90s but my colleague on theVTTS stand said later than that - about 8 to 10 years ago , who was nearer? (got any pics of them as they were then?). I assume they are well beyond restoration by now.
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

350biker

Post by 350biker » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 am

I had the pleasure of flying in to the June 2003 "do" in my friends Jodel. The C54's were in quite good and shiny state then. Will post some pics later. We had a good round trip that weekend (from Manchester Barton) via Cambridge, Earls Colne and Southend, then home on the Sunday via Fenland and the fly-in at Gamston. We camped under the Jodel's wing and were parked next to a very nice Catalina. Happy days.
Ian Wilkinson - pensioner and LAPL (A) holder, what a combination!

noryport
POTM winner

Post by noryport » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Great shots and lots to look at.Vampire is caught well and sounds a good day out.. :thumb:
Keep on pressing them buttons, to get your numbers up...Tell your friend s too :ninja:

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

andygolfer wrote:
The Cameraman wrote:Mornin' Andy,

Regards

Reggie

We were trying to remember when they arrived, I thought it was mid / late '90s but my colleague on theVTTS stand said later than that - about 8 to 10 years ago , who was nearer? (got any pics of them as they were then?). I assume they are well beyond restoration by now.
Hi Andy,

here's some shot's I took of them on the 4th June 2002, with my trusty little Canon G2!

Regards

Reggie

Return to “Airshows/Events”