Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Civilian Aviation & Fighter Control Download Times

Any issues with the CivilianAviation forum? Please post them in here for the team to help.
TAA

Civilian Aviation & Fighter Control Download Times

Post by TAA » Sat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm

It's taking forever for Fighter Control and Civilian Aviation web pages to load and I'm frequently timed out!

I'm experiencing no other problems with other internet sites. So can someone please investigate?

Jordan B
POTM winner

Re: Civilian Aviation & Fighter Control Download Times

Post by Jordan B » Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi TAA,

CA and FC are having problems with the servers at the moment, MikeB explains below:
We're currently experiencing downtime/slowness, see below for the explanation why, and how we're working to resolve the issue...

Essentially, with our server (VPS), you get guaranteed memory and burstable memory. The guaranteed memory is always there to be used, as the name indicates, but the burstable is only available if the server has it free (other containers' are not using it). It seems that we've been relying on this burstable memory when we get busy, and that's been fine. However, recently, for some reason (overloading of containers on the server, or just higher than normal traffic on the other containers) this burstable ram hasn't been available so we're slowing to a halt due to lack of memory.

So the short of it is, we need to upgrade, we're going through the options now and will announce a date when we'll have a small amount of downtime for the swap to commence.
Hope this helps,

Jordan
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanburniston/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is me at work :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... O6-O8&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,Jordan.

TAA

Post by TAA » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 am

Jordan,

Thanks for the reply. The only other question I have is do I need another user id and password to the fighter control board? Reason why I ask is that the fighter control doesn't allow me to log on the site with my civilian aviation user id and password.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am

TAA wrote:Jordan,

Thanks for the reply. The only other question I have is do I need another user id and password to the fighter control board? Reason why I ask is that the fighter control doesn't allow me to log on the site with my civilian aviation user id and password.
Hi there, you have to register separately to join FC. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Technical Board”