Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

One Man Banned !

Any issues with Civilian Aviation? Please post them in here for the team to help.
keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

One Man Banned !

Post by keithnewsome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Tech Board, two days ago I got a shock when accessing the board via my iphone ... the following, slightly frightening, message appeared ...

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

As I connect to the forum both via my phone and laptop I wonder if this causes a problem ?? although i have been using both for several months with no problem ?? and connection via my laptop is still as it always was ??

I have left the problem for a few days to see if it is just a 'glitch' and will cure itself .... but no not yet ??
I am sure this is very minor and hope it can be sorted as I so much enjoy the asset of having a mini computor in my pocket at all times !!

regards

Keith Newsome.

StuBie

Re: One Man Banned !

Post by StuBie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Evening Keith,

To my knowledge there have been no bans issued recently. We have had this issue before though when people who have dynamic IP addresses sometimes clash with ones banned from the board. I will investigate for you.

Regards,

Stu
FlightAware Freak!

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

WoW that was quick Stu ! Thank you very much, there is no panic, I realise things take time ! and I still have access !!

regards

Keith.

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Even more Wow ! Stu I have no idea what you have been doing behind the scenes ? .... but I just fired up my phone ... and yes I am back online with you guys at 23:16 local time .... what a result !!

Many many thanks for that ! One Man Unbanned :clap:

regards

Keith Newsome :thumb:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM winner & a close 3rd place too!

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:44 am

Seems the same thing happened to Lumix in August :- http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... =7&t=12654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's got something to do with IP addresses on iphones apparently ! Nice to have you back Keith. :) :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

My Airliners.net photos

Return to “Technical Board”