Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LAA Rally Sywell 31st August to 2nd of September

Publicise,discuss and report on fly-ins that take place throughout the UK or abroad where there is no formal air display planned, this can include nightshoots. Also please submit logs of aircraft present (visitors and/or residents)
Sean Mac

LAA Rally Sywell 31st August to 2nd of September

Post by Sean Mac » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 pm

The LAA Sywell Rally is growing year on year and the Rally Team continues to look at ways of enhancing the event even further. 2012 will see the return of the popular Homebuilders Centre, where you will find part built projects, Engineering department personnel, tutors in a range of aircraft build techniques and so much more that a wealth of knowledge about building or maintaining your own aircraft.
http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... y2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I shall be attending in G-SNUZ.

Sean.
Equipment
Canon EOS 450D
PSR-295 with a Skyscan Desktop Antenna.

Martin

Re: LAA Rally Sywell 31st August to 2nd of September

Post by Martin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm

A list of aircraft that have booked slots can be found at
http://www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/bookings.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a few mainland European reg'd aircraft booked in but there doesn't seem to be as many as used to turn up for the old PFA Rally's

Martin

Mictheslik
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Mictheslik » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Did you get there in the end Sean? Spotted G-VICC (hard to miss her!) but didn't see G-SNUZ

.mic

MarkL

Post by MarkL » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Likewise. had a great day there Saturday. Looked out for you after your post but didn't see your a/c.

G-VICC is one of those a/c I seem to bump into everywhere :-) Saw her for the first time several years ago at Sturgate (looked like a resident), then a few weeks ago at Kemble and then she pops up at Sywell :) .

MarkL

Mictheslik
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Mictheslik » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Silverfox wrote:
G-VICC is one of those a/c I seem to bump into everywhere :-) Saw her for the first time several years ago at Sturgate (looked like a resident), then a few weeks ago at Kemble and then she pops up at Sywell :) .
Haha! I used to see it all the time....I think it's the distinctive colour :P

I was in Cherokee 6 N257SA for the weekend.... :)

.mic

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 am

Mictheslik wrote:Did you get there in the end Sean? Spotted G-VICC (hard to miss her!) but didn't see G-SNUZ

.mic
G-SNUZ arrived around 1700 from memory, it was one of only a handful of arrivals after 1500

Martin

Sean Mac

Post by Sean Mac » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Martin wrote:
Mictheslik wrote:Did you get there in the end Sean? Spotted G-VICC (hard to miss her!) but didn't see G-SNUZ

.mic
G-SNUZ arrived around 1700 from memory, it was one of only a handful of arrivals after 1500

Martin
Yeah we arrived at 1700lc in G-SNUZ on Saturday. Yeah one of are other Club members took G-VICC to Sywell for the Day then flew back to Kemble but we stayed the night and left at 1530ish on Sunday to fly back to Kemble along with one of are other club Aircraft G-AZWS.

All in all great weekend did anyone get any photos of SNUZ.

Sean
Equipment
Canon EOS 450D
PSR-295 with a Skyscan Desktop Antenna.

Return to “Fly-ins and Nightshoots etc”