Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MSFS 2020

Discuss anything Civilian Flight Simulation related here.
Martin

MSFS 2020

Post by Martin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 pm

Has anybody got the new MS Flight Sim? If so, what are your views of it?

Martin

nitro999

Re: MSFS 2020

Post by nitro999 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:10 pm

I have seen mixed views, but having flown light aircraft myself I have found it to be excellent. The handling characteristics of the Cessna 150 and 170 series I have found to be excellent. I haven't tried the larger jets as don't really have any interest in them. Some of the airfields leave a bit to be desired in terms of accuracy but no doubt some third party content will sort that out soon enough. But from the air I think it's great. Just a pity that my Saitek flight panels don't seem to work with FS2020.

Martin

Post by Martin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Thanks for the info, it looks like there are plenty of GA aircraft in the basic package and the scenery and live weather look good.

Martin

nitro999

Post by nitro999 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:00 pm

Martin wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 pm
Thanks for the info, it looks like there are plenty of GA aircraft in the basic package and the scenery and live weather look good.

Martin
Yes the scenery and live weather are both excellent. The live traffic is also a nice bonus, based on Flightaware's ADSB data.

FlyingColours

Post by FlyingColours » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm

I got it on release day after months & months of anticipation and well, I'm a bit mixed.

VFR flying is now entirely possible without the need for any addons, my first flight was taking off out of Barton Aerodrome and flying around my local areas of the North West and could easily identify the roads and buildings below (including my current and former houses, workplaces etc...). It's also possible to fly VFR at night and the night lighting is pretty good, especially at lower altitudes. The light aircraft are great to fly too, although I naturally ended up ballsing up my first landing and flipping my Cessna onto its roof :/

As for the commercial side of things, well I went for the ultra deluxe top mega expensive one (I wanted some of the custom airports rather than the 787). They are ok, the aircraft all look amazing and the fully rendered cockpits are brilliant on the eye too however the systems are where they fall apart. The A320 at least has a freeware project, the A320NX which were upgrading the existing one with realistic systems which work just like on the real aircraft as well as fixing the glitches with the autopilot. Last week they split off so that their A320 is now wholly independent of the base model, meaning that the frustrations of MS/Asobo updating/patching the sim won't break the aircraft any more.

There is a lot wrong with the sim, graphically and systems (+FD) wise but they are releasing regular updates (pretty much ever 2 weeks) which while annoying (they are large downloads) they are showing that they are constantly working on it rather than just taking our money and running away like Electronic Arts usually do...

Return to “Civil Flight Simulation General Chat”