Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

spotting at Luton

Post your logs, movements and information for London Luton here.
mach one
POTM winner

spotting at Luton

Post by mach one » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 pm

I was thinking of calling in at Luton when we go to heathrow for the weekend, I have never been to luton so have no idea where to go

I get the idea that a lot of people go down the chiltern green lane which i have had a look on google and can see there is some parking down there which looks ok but what is it like for veiwng from here

is it muddy do the fences get in the way of photos just looking for some info on what it is like over that side

leonard320

Re: spotting at Luton

Post by leonard320 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:46 am

Hi

If your wanting to do photography, I suggest dane street ( the one I think you refer to), if it is, if your lucky their is one spot where you can rest the lens without the need for a small ladder, but its a safe bet to take one incase, as for mud, yes it is normally muddy after rain and if there's been ice be extra careful as it isn't fun when you are up their with ice on the ground.

If your looking to get rego's there is the bridge spot but I only tend to go to dane street which is at the side of the runway.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Ben Leonard

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Cheers Ben

it is the spot that you mention just looked at the map and dane street joins chiltern green from the right as you head towards the runway

I am more interested in photos one of our group is after numbers but he should get them from the spot you mention

we will just be stopping in for a couple of hours as we pass by on the M1

leonard320

Post by leonard320 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi,

it is, if you look at google maps you will be able to see the cars parked.

Be warned from where, you can log some, but to get everything you will need to go towards the terminal and cap park areas.

Thanks
Ben Leonard

Return to “London Luton”