Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Blackpool sightings query

Post your logs, movements and information for Blackpool here.
Southampton76

Blackpool sightings query

Post by Southampton76 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi all,

I recently flew out of the airport in G-HIGA and was wondering if anyone could help with the following.
1) Can anyone provide a registration for the small Piper dumped out in the fire area over by the golf course?
2) Is there anything at all left of the ATP fuselage that once graced the same spot?
3) There is a blue and white aircraft covered up outside the Westair Hangar. Can I assume that to be Cherokee 140 G-BRPL?

And slightly 'off-airport', the 1940's weekend held on the prom at Lytham had one of the Spitfire Display Team's FSM's present (BS435) along with a Bf109.
The Messerschmitt was 'Yellow 6' with no other marking. Does anyone now where this originated? The exhibitor was rather unhelpful when I questioned its provenance stating that it was 'a 50/50 recreation'. I take it from that therefore, the aircraft is 50% original but the only Bf.109's I no of in the UK are not 'Yellow 6'.

All help appreciated

tb2

Re: Blackpool sightings query

Post by tb2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:30 pm

>>>>There is a blue and white aircraft covered up outside the Westair Hangar. Can I assume that to be Cherokee 140 G-BRPL?

Correct.

Trevor

Return to “Blackpool”