Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Modelling section

A forum for us to keep you informed on Civilian Aviation's latest updates.
Mike
Administrator, SPOTM winner & a close 3rd place too!

Modelling section

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 am

Especially for all you modellers,we have a whole section devoted to civil aircraft modelling.........http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=86" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our Moderator for this section is Shaun (viper3111) who has many,many years of modelling experience,is a member of the IPMS and he is also the Moderator of the highly successful modelling section on our sister-site http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He has,until recently,only been building military kits but would now love to move his attentions towards civil as well.

If you're interested in modelling then we'd love to see your work-in-progress and finished builds,you can also ask questions regarding all aspects of the hobby and perhaps you could answer a few too !

Why not let us see your diecast collections too ?

Perhaps you may be looking for spare-parts or replacement decals for your build,if you are then get posting as other members may be able to help you !

Thanks,Mike

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

My Airliners.net photos

viper3111

Re: Modelling section

Post by viper3111 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:59 am

Hi all

As Mike says I have just taken over keeping an eye on the model section as I do over on FC. I am new to civil aircraft building but I thought I would have a go. I hope that the section will be as helpful and enjoyable as our sisters model section on FC but I cant do it on my own.

I will be starting a build of the Revell 144th scale A380 shortly along with the Trumpeter 144th IL-76 and then the Revell 144th AN-124. So if anyone else has some builds they would like to share or finished kits they would like to post then please feel free. Unlike a lot of things in this life there is no charge :lol: and it will be a friendly place to show your work or just natter about the hobby.

If you havnt seen what we do then please have a look on FC to see what sort of a forum it is http://fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=289

I run competitions, arrange group visits, do walkrounds for details, review kits/decals/detail sets, run group builds and help people out with technical gubbins.

Its all there for every builder (or even none builder) to have a look at and more importantly use :thumb:

I hope to see you on the section

Happy modelling

viper3111

Re: Modelling section

Post by viper3111 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:30 pm

I have now added a thread for people to post there Radio controlled gubbins on the model section. We havnt got this over on FC so I hope you may find it usefull. I used to do a lot of RC flying and I still have all of my stuff. But due to work and other projects with my plastic models as well as both CA and FC model sections I dont have time to do it any more. I am always happy to talk about it though so please feel free to post any pictures or chat about the hobby.

Please keep to the CA rules though so no military.

Return to “Civilian Aviation Information”