Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

4th - 5th March Outage

A forum for us to keep you informed on Civilian Aviation's latest updates.
old_git

4th - 5th March Outage

Post by old_git » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 am

All, please forgive the outage during the last few hours.

Basically the popularity of this forum and its sister Fighter control resulted in excess usage of the server beyond the 10% fair usage allowed ( unlimited usage - NOT ).

we were actually using over 50% of the server so they pulled the plug.

Mikeb and team have done a fantastic job and moved us over to yet another new server.

there may be a few further small outages as things get sorted so please bear with us and continue to keep the forums growing.

thanks all

Team
Regards G-EOFF

http://www.mba-motorsport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM winner & a close 3rd place too!

Re: 4th - 5th March Outage

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 am

Hi all,I'm back after losing my broadband connection for 8 days ! I'm delighted to see the membership steadily growing but equally disappointed to see more server problems,hopefully this time it's been solved for good. :D

We have a Civilian Aviation group on Facebook which is also very handy to inform members during outages.It's only got 34 members currently,so why not join ?

You'll find it here:- http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/gro ... 8362775290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Onwards and upwards" chaps :thumbs:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

My Airliners.net photos

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:35 pm

There will be a further server change in due course, probably this week as we move to a bigger better server.

Details of downtime for the server change will be posted in advance on the Official CA facebook group, Twitter (@AeroResource) and on here.

We have been victims of our own success, which is mainly thanks to you guys - our members. Without you these forums are nothing. Your input is what makes this place tick. So thankyou and keep spreading the word.

AeroResource is moving onwards and upwards - thank you again.

Dunk

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:27 pm

The above noted server change will be taking place within the hour, but hopefully won't be out for very long.

We will be moving to a virtual server which will suit our needs much better, and will allow us much greater performance.

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:08 am

Longer than expected due to me not being able to log into the old servers SQL database to get the backup, but we're back online.

Information on performance etc. welcomed!.

Return to “Civilian Aviation Information”