Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

SID departures from 27L/R via DVR

Post your logs, movements and information for London Heathrow here.
saxonia

SID departures from 27L/R via DVR

Post by saxonia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Chaps ...

Ive been sat here with Planeplotter on my PC and the Scanner tuned into 120.525 and am a bit confused about the SID DVR departures from LHR when using 27R
While all other departures seem to follow the standard CPT MID and BPK routes as stated in the NATS UK SID charts apart from the Dover one ??
The following chart ... http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic ... -05-06.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when using SIDs DVR 5F and DVR 2F turn left at Epsom and route via DET to DVR
Whereas if you follow PP , them seem to keep flying on the same course over Epson to a point just North of LGW before turning left direct to Dover ?
Is this another SID thats not on the NATS site or is there some other reason for this ??

MTIA

Mike

Martin

Re: SID departures from 27L/R via DVR

Post by Martin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Possibly following the Mayfield SID although that's just for aircraft routing Heathrow - Gatwick?

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic ... -05-06.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin

saxonia

Post by saxonia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Yes I saw that too Martin ... that is the direction , but then like you I was LHR to LGW only !

Mike

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:55 am

Mike, this is caused my a "blackspot" of some sort just SouthEast of Heathrow, which means aircraft stop tracking and just carry on on their course if you have the "assume position" option checked, once they're picked up again they snap back on course.

Remember, however, it's very rare for an aircraft climbing out of Heathrow on a Dover to follow the SID at all!

WAP

Post by WAP » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 pm

The Epsom becon is actually about 4 miles to the SW of Epsom itself so if PP has EPM located near the town of Epsom that maybe misleading you a bit. Im about 2 miles to NW of Epsom itself but don't monitor those outbounds. from what i have seen/heard the bigger departures struggle for height there and with Farnborough/Fairoaks/Redhill under them almost straight away plus the Ockham hold/arrivals just above them i guess it can be a bit hard to keep exactly to the SID

dont know if you have seen this site but it has some good information on Becon sites in the UK
http://www.trevord.com/navaids/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “London Heathrow”