Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Heathrow viewing?

Post your logs, movements and information for London Heathrow here.
binbrook87

Heathrow viewing?

Post by binbrook87 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before but can anyone recommend some good viewing /photo spots around Heathrow - i've never been before and fancied a trip one Saturday. I fancy mainly approach shots so I don't need to be too close to the perimeter but any help at all really, I've seen a few good shots posted on here but no idea of the areas involved :???:

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Heathrow viewing?

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi,there's loads of info in the Heathrow section,this one will help if they're landing from the East.

http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... f=36&t=341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Binbrook 87
I assume you have looked at the recommended posts so now know the 'usual' spots.
For 27 L
If you are coming by car you MAY find parking a problem at Myrtle Avenue, if so I suggest.

Go to the Green Man, this is probably the pub Geoff mentions. In the summer its HEAVING, but it'll be empty this time of year.

For 9 L
If you can't park on the pavement at the spot recommended . I suggest.

I am a snapper not a photographer so can't promise these will be VERY suitable.
You can also park in the 'academy' car park at £1.00 per hour, if you do .....DO NOT buy more than 1 hour at a time (they rip you off) and to get landing shots of 27R you will NEED a step ladder to get higher than the fence, and have to walk a fair way.
Have fun
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

binbrook87

Post by binbrook87 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm

thanks very much for the info guys :thumb:

brianw999

Post by brianw999 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Re 09L parking. Last time I went there (8th October) you can still park up on the pavement alongside the approach lights field but PLEASE PARK SO THAT THE FOOTPATH IS CLEAR. Be careful when slowing to get up the kerb as its rather high but my Renault Laguna makes it. Also keep a wary eye behind you as traffic is quite fast here. Best to wait for a gap behind you before slowing to get up the kerb.
You can shoot from the field, the footpath or alternatively hop over the fence under the flyover and climb up the slope to the Terminal 5 access road and shoot from a higher level there.
Here's a link to possibly the most useful LHR spotters info known... http://www.plane-mad.com/airport-spotti ... -egll.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click here to view my photos at JetPhotos.net. http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11124

Return to “London Heathrow”