Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Heathrow 21/10/10

Post your logs, movements and information for London Heathrow here.
neilscott

Heathrow 21/10/10

Post by neilscott » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Had a top day at the Mecca that is Heathrow yesterday,my first visit. Logged 331 of which 228 were winners. I would do a log but would take all day and have not found a way to cut and paste from my ADU file. Was there from 1045 till 1745 on the viewing deck, Bloody cold but worth it, looking forward to my next visit :clap: :clap:
Neil :D

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Heathrow 21/10/10

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Great stuff fella,full day's log here :-

http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/lhr-movements/ ... 211010.mht" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

old_git

Post by old_git » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 pm

where is the viewing deck nowadays, i would love to re-live the old queens building days of crap coffee and hot pasties.

can you take photo's from the viewing deck and what can you see.
Regards G-EOFF

http://www.mba-motorsport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 pm

neilscott wrote:Had a top day at the Mecca that is Heathrow yesterday,my first visit. Logged 331 of which 228 were winners. I would do a log but would take all day and have not found a way to cut and paste from my ADU file. Was there from 1045 till 1745 on the viewing deck, Bloody cold but worth it, looking forward to my next visit :clap: :clap:
Neil :D
Glad you had a good day Neil. I'm lucky enough to have been many times, but I still get a rush of excitement whenever I'm close enough to be able to visit again. :thumb:

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

Hi Geoff
I am afraid re-living Queens building days you have absolutely no chance.
The viewing deck/stand whatever is on the north side, outside what was the visitors centre building. Its a smallish affair, 20 feet square raised maybe six feet, no seats, no facilities nearby (that includes no toilet). So if you want crap coffee & pasties you'll have to bring your own :lol: .Its set back from the perimeter road about 100 yards and providing you want airplane pics with young trees, and anything else using the perimeter road, in the way its absolutely ideal. Nearby parking is a bargain at £1 per hour.
I'm afraid its the usual story, Ferrovial (or whoever) have installed at great expense a facility for spotters, but very few use it, so ultimately it will go and will be replaced with nothing. Their excuse will be the lack of use, but will ignore the fact that its been specifically designed to be absolutely f**king useless for the purpose intended.
Hopefully there will be a pic below it is on the tiny green area in the corner of the triangular car park, near the middle of the pic !

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&l ... 1&t=h&z=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry,
Terry
I got a little black book with me poems in

Return to “London Heathrow”