Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New Premier Inn T5

Post your logs, movements and information for London Heathrow here.
benji1867

New Premier Inn T5

Post by benji1867 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey guys
Me n my mate have booked 3 nights at the new Premier Inn @ T5. I was wondering if any locals or people passing know if it looks like a decent place to spot from in the hotel and whats around it and any other general info they could provide.

cheers
Ben

devonlad

Re: New Premier Inn T5

Post by devonlad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Have a good time Ben could you post on here if its good view from the Premier Inn

thanks Kelvin

tom1988

Post by tom1988 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm the mate he is going with from the location if looking on google maps you got T5 runway 09L then the hotel is there many trees round that area?

From looking out of T5 last time I was there in cafe nero with the better half looks decent views... Can anyone advise me in relation to T5 where the cargo bays are exactly?

Cheers Tom
Royal Air Force Halton November 2009 - March 2010
Royal Air Force Volunteer 367 Squadron March 2010 - Present

EGVP
POTM winner

Post by EGVP » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:35 pm

benji1867 wrote:Hey guys
Me n my mate have booked 3 nights at the new Premier Inn @ T5. I was wondering if any locals or people passing know if it looks like a decent place to spot from in the hotel and whats around it and any other general info they could provide.
The "Premier Inn T5" appears to be set back behind a lot of trees and various other things. If it's any less than 5 storeys high, I doubt you'll see anything from the hotel.
tom1988 wrote:From looking out of T5 last time I was there in cafe nero with the better half looks decent views... Can anyone advise me in relation to T5 where the cargo bays are exactly?
South-East of T5, the other side of 27L/09R (where the massive building that says British Airways Cargo" is).

tom1988

Post by tom1988 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 pm

ChrisGlobe wrote:
benji1867 wrote:Hey guys
The "Premier Inn T5" appears to be set back behind a lot of trees and various other things. If it's any less than 5 storeys high, I doubt you'll see anything from the hotel.
tom1988 wrote:From looking out of T5 last time I was there in cafe nero with the better half looks decent views... Can anyone advise me in relation to T5 where the cargo bays are exactly?
South-East of T5, the other side of 27L/09R (where the massive building that says British Airways Cargo" is).
Shows how often I'm at that end usually regular to myrtle avenue and academy... I had a clear veiw of all floors from T5 but as for rest of airport we'll have to see. No doubt we'll put photos up for everyone.

Tom
Royal Air Force Halton November 2009 - March 2010
Royal Air Force Volunteer 367 Squadron March 2010 - Present

mickeyt

Post by mickeyt » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 pm

hi
Just spent Friday to Monday at this hotel and the views are quite good. Phoned in advance requesting a high room with airport views and got room 464. All the rooms along this side are even numbered so i suppose any between 454 to 470 would be similar views. As someone mentioned there are trees in front but your above them. Directly in front out of the window are the rows of BA and T5. During my stay they only used runway 26 L/R. 95% of arrivals on 26R were seen as they turned off the runway. Departures were all seen clearly passing the window.

A scanner and or SBS/Airnav/or something like flight radar24 will be useful. Hotel wifi is £3 for 24 hours. They never used 09L/R till after I checked out Sunday afternoon but id guess arrivals would be touching down in front of the room. From the room the area where the bizzers/vip park up were visable as well as the cargo area.

Right next door is MacD's and a 24 hour petrol station, and out the front is a bus stop for a Hatton Cross bus if photos are your thing. Hotel food was good and not too expensive, bars open till one am and there is a costa's.

Done a couple of the Heathrow hotels before and this in my opinion is the best. Got home last night to an email on the next premier inn sale and gonna book another 3 days there for next month. Hope this helps, any questions drop us a PM.

Mick

Return to “London Heathrow”