Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

spotting at Liverpool

Post your logs, movements and information for Liverpool here.
mach one
POTM winner

spotting at Liverpool

Post by mach one » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 pm

I was thinking of calling in to Liverpool for a couple of hours on the way over to Manchester and wondered where is the best place to go at present?

we will have a car and are looking for a location where we can park up for a few hours to take some photos

tb2

Re: spotting at Liverpool

Post by tb2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 am

Check out the following site :

http://www.nwan.co.uk/

Should help.

Cheers

Trevor

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 pm

tb2 wrote:Check out the following site :

http://www.nwan.co.uk/

Should help.

Cheers

Trevor
cheers Trevor, I had looked at that site and it looks like the mound is the place to go for us but the thing that concerned me was
The mound here has become the most popular site for people wanting to view the airport comings & goings....but please note that this area has now been cut down dramatically thanks to recent earthworks and numbers of cars that can park on there is now very limited

I just wondered if anybody has been to Liverpool lately could give an update on what parking is like near the mound now

burnsy133

Post by burnsy133 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 am

Was passing on Tuesday so i called in for 5 minutes, mound still there, parking for approx 20 cars no problems, only thing its missing now is some aircraft, unless you get lucky with a Wizz there is nothing there anymore that doesnt go to Manchester.

Enjoy either way.

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:34 pm

burnsy133 wrote:Was passing on Tuesday so i called in for 5 minutes, mound still there, parking for approx 20 cars no problems, only thing its missing now is some aircraft, unless you get lucky with a Wizz there is nothing there anymore that doesnt go to Manchester.

Enjoy either way.
thank you very much that is spot on, we will give it a try

Thanks again

Return to “Liverpool”