Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Road Blocked??

Post your logs, movements and information for Doncaster Robin Hood here.
David Thompson

Re: Road Blocked??

Post by David Thompson » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 pm

I don't know that area very well but I visited the airport fire section earlier this month and the road beyond there does appear to be blocked by bollards but is still open for pedestrian access .
Hopefully someone local will confirm this ?

rhubarb

Post by rhubarb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Quite true ! I believe it has been done by the quarry owners who have it is rumoured, some plant or the like stolen ! This will be nothing to do with any aviation anoraks but we are the ones who have been penalised ! I know The airport preferred the area opposite to the water tanks to be used for observation. You can park your car and walk down to the tank area but that does not help one of the enthusiastic spotters who is severely disabled and cannot get without his mobility car ! Perhaps the airport can negotiate a more sensible solution :???:
"A Rhubarb is a sortie of opportunity "

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:06 pm

airfixpilot wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:49 pm
Just been told that the OLD Bawtry road is now blocked off...Is that true??, so you cannot drive to the parking spot near the fence.

airfixpilot :unsure:
It would be nice if you could reply to the other members that have kindly taken the time to reply to you, after all it was you that started this thread. :roll:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Robin Hood (Doncaster Sheffield)”