Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

help with choosing photo editor

If you are looking to buy new gear and need advice or would like to review your equipment for the membership please use the Tech Talk sub forum
Kimberley

help with choosing photo editor

Post by Kimberley » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:26 am

need cheap image editor for mac (especially for hdr processing).
as cheaply as possible and easier please. who has already used macphun or affinity pro or hydra editors - feedbacks welcome!
thanks

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: help with choosing photo editor

Post by talldan76 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Kimberley,

There are quite a few "free" apps that you can get for a Mac that will provide you with a basic HDR image - Luminance HDR, HDRTist, Aurora HDR to name a few - however I have no idea how good the results will be from them, or how much yo can actually edit the photo once created etc.

I use Photoshop on my MacBook for when I want to create HDR shots - I know that isn't the cheapest, or the easiest to use, but you do get a lot more control etc. I'm not sure if you get the options for HDR in Photoshop Elements, but that might be worth looking in to.

Another one to look at might be Picasa - again not sure if you get the HDR compilation options in that app - but it is free, and easy to use.

Hope that helps...

Dan

Return to “Tech Talk”