Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Thomas Cook Aircraft/defunked

Photo topics with a theme of any kind. Any member may start one and everybody can add to it!
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Thomas Cook Aircraft/defunked

Post by andygolfer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:24 am

'We' can try but it's down to any members who have time to venture out to obtain photos or are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and have the desire to do so. Personally I already have many photos of many Thomas Cook aircraft so have no desire to chase around all over the place to gain more (of the same). I find it rather sad myself seeing the remnants of a failed business parked up awaiting their fate - not as sad as all those people who lost their jobs but they still tell a sorry story.

If you care to search the topics (use the search box at the top right of the screen) you will certainly find some have been posted since the demise such as this topic which took me 10 seconds to find: https://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/foru ... 69&t=33863 .

Coincidentally this month's SPOTM subject is 'British holiday airlines of the past (either defunct or absorbed into other companies)(note the spelling of DEFUNCT - defunked means 'When something happens, or is said/done to spoil a mood/atmosphere/occasion' according to the urban dictionary, it probably hasn't made the Oxford English dictionary yet) sorry I digressed, anyway this month's competition already contains some Thomas Cook or ex. Thomas Cook aircraft if you wish to peruse that topic. Otherwise feel free to venture out with a camera yourself and start a dedicated topic.

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

CivilianAviation
Administrator

Post by CivilianAviation » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:48 pm

airfixpilot wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 am
Can we try and get some pics of Thomas Cook airline fleet before they disappear?. I know that other arms of the Thomas Cook airline fleet are still flying and was not effected by the collapse (European arm, I think??).
Think this was the worst collapse since Monach
Thanks

Airfixpilot

David, is there any chance that you could reply to posts from other members to your questions & queries that you insist on posting?
Andy has taken the time to give you a very good reply and you have chosen to ignore him, this isn't the only thread that you have done this with as there are several others.

AirbusA320

Post by AirbusA320 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 pm

I was at MAN/BHX on what was to become the last weekend Thomas Cook would be flying so here a few taken during that weekend
as others have said it be good idea to maybe add some pics
enjoy this little collection

Manchester 21/9/19 to kick off with

ImageA320-211W G-TCVB by Mark, on Flickr
A321 G-TCVB former Monarch

ImageAirbus A321-211 G-DHJH by Mark, on Flickr
A321 G-DHJH passing little brother A320 LY-VEB

ImageAirbus A330-243 G-GHTZ & G-MDBD by Mark, on Flickr
Old livery meeting current livery
G-GHTZ & G-MDBD

ImageAirbus A330-243 G-TCXC by Mark, on Flickr
G-TCXC departing at speed empty to Glasgow