Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Help

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
rob1n

Help

Post by rob1n » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 pm

I am thinking of purchasing a d-777 antenna and connecting it to my uniden ez133xlt scanner with RG6 coax, could some one tell me is there more than one type of RG6 or is it the TV/satellite type I can by from screwfix, £5-00 for 25 metres. I will be using about 12 metres of coax. Also I have read that you connect the coax to the d-777 with a PL259 plug.

I am extremely new to scanning and know absolutely nothing. Please can you advise me and keep it simple, not too technical as this is what got me confused in the first place.

Thank you

tb2

Re: Help

Post by tb2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 am

There are a lot of scanner users over on the sister site Fighter Control.

Also they have a dedicated radio section.

May be worth logging in on there.

Cheers

Trevor

jakdaw

Re: Help

Post by jakdaw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm

tb2 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 am
There are a lot of scanner users over on the sister site Fighter Control.

Also they have a dedicated radio section.

May be worth logging in on there.

Cheers

Trevor
I agree, I made a homemade aerial from the radio section on Fighter Control that is in my loft and has massively extended range and reception. There are plenty of experts there with a wealth of knowledge. Hope you have fun scanning.

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”