Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hello from London

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
MikeWolf

Hello from London

Post by MikeWolf » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Hello all, Mike here, I am very pleased to have found this community via my current housemate.

I grew up near White Waltham and beneath the London Heathrow flightpath so I was always interested in aviation growing up! I fondly remember the days of the Queen's Building and Concorde, but my photo skills weren't great back then. However nowadays I feel like my photography is better and look forward to sharing some.

Have also joined up on Fighter Control (but yet to get my account confirmed there) and looking forward to going beyond Heathrow to try spotting at some other locations in the UK or Europe as well.

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Hello from London

Post by LondonEye » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Welcome to the site Mike. Hope you enjoy it, and find some useful info.
Many of us happily remember the Queens Building, it must have sparked numerous youngsters into an interest or career in aviation.
Good luck with the photography, hope you post a few on here.
Pete.

mach one
POTM winner

Re: Hello from London

Post by mach one » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi mike welcome to the board, I visited white waltham for the first time this year on the way down to heathrow and thought it was a nice airfield that is probably very busy at the weekend we saw a fair bit of activity on a friday lunchtime

do you still stay in the same area ?

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”