Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hello

Introduce yourself here and feel free to ask any "newbie" questions that any of the beginners to the hobby have
Nomis

Hello

Post by Nomis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi everyone, been reading the forum for a while now and finally decided to join up! Used to spot as a kid, but gave it up for many years, but returned to the hobby 10-12 years back. Always look forward to my annual trip down south to the London airports in the summer, and get over to Man from time to time. Looking forward to making the occasional contribution. Getting more interested in the OTT part, but up in North Yorks we don't get that much going over!

Simon

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Hello

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Welcome to CA Simon, it's good to have another Yorkie aboard. :D :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Nomis

Post by Nomis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Aah, not a Yorkie I have to say! A southerner in exile. Used to sit in my garden in Bracknell as a 12 year old watching VC-10's and Tridents going in and out of Heathrow. Those were the days.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Nomis wrote:Aah, not a Yorkie I have to say! A southerner in exile. Used to sit in my garden in Bracknell as a 12 year old watching VC-10's and Tridents going in and out of Heathrow. Those were the days.
It'll be a lot quieter in Yorkshire then ! Blimey, those things were noisy. :Wow:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Nomis

Post by Nomis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Yes indeed they were. I think the Caravelle was the loudest, but the VC-10 had a shriek all of it's own. Could tell it was a 10 on climb out just by that sound. Miss those birds.

Return to “The Newbie Forum.”