Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What a waste

rich

Re: What a waste

Post by rich » Mon May 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Be carefull at Humberside now as new No Parking signs have gone up all around the airport, and there is a camera van present to catch you :roll:

Sounds like you dropped on a quiet time, although it never gets what you'd call busy at Humberside, Doncaster sounds like a better choice for you if you want more action ;)

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Airfixpilot, it's nice of you to drop-in on CA after your last visit.

It would be nice to get a response from you for this :- http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum ... 905#p50905

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 am

Surely the point of Humberside (similar too Aberdeen and Norwich) is that they are only really there still, as they service the oil industry. As you say the small cachement area for the airport would make it unattractive to airlines. As with any spotting trip its a trade off between distance able to travel against what youre likely to see. I personally enjoy Humberside there are less places in the UK to enjoy S92 and AW139 than there are B737/A320. As for its future, well last I heard one of the new civil SAR helicopters will be operated from here so its a long way from closing!!

jakdaw

Post by jakdaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:15 pm

How about this to pull the punters in Hull/Grimsby airport sounds like a thing of beauty!! Fact is if demand was there the airlines would be too, no catchment area and very little money in the area means that this is the situation. I think its good that the airport is there bringing jobs to the area. As to what flies from there and how exciting it is, well anything flying is cool for me (a proper aviation enthusiast!!) ;)

Return to “Humberside”