Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Blackbushe 1st April 2022

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
james143611

Blackbushe 1st April 2022

Post by james143611 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Went on holiday to Kent last week, travelled down on the 1st April and came back last Friday, so about a million other pictures to sort out but I've done this small selection I took Friday!

Wasn't really sure where to stop off on the way through to Malling, was only a 3 - 4 hour drive so didn't need to go straight there, having looked through on Google maps on the route via the A303 and M3, I found Blackbushe. Having not been there before that was the chosen stop over.

Spent a good 3 hours there, also went to the café and tried the sausage bap and a latte, absolutely superb, the sausage bap wasn't short of sausage!! It was absolutely delicious and well recommended

Also spent some time sat in the car with the bins logging overflights and Heathrow approaches, so logged over 100 serials in total, including the GA's

I don't know if there's any Blackbushe regulars on here, but at the end of this post I've got some pictures of GA's on the ground that I need serials tying up please if possible, with covers over them or bad angles I couldn't get the serials, maybe with bits of livery showing someone might know it? Any help with that would be most appreciated!

Having only ever used 300mm lenses before, I now have treated myself to a Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, got it not long ago and used it at Slimbridge Wetlands, but this is the first time I got to use it for planes, this first set is using my 18-200 lens:

And now with the 150-600:

Anyone know the serials in these following pictures?:

This looks like G-FRPO, G-FRRO or G-ERRO or something, it's on the cover too but I can't make it out, neither of those serials exist so it's something else...

This looks like something like NARY, HARY, IARY, UARY or something, I've tried all those with G- prefixes but nothing shows up, this one has me stumped, of course it might not be British reg...

C&C welcome and thanks for looking!

James.

Nighthawke

Re: Blackbushe 1st April 2022

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:52 pm

Hi James - I was passing by and stopped a couple of weeks ago getting very similar shots to some of yours - except mine are not as good hence not posted! Anyway I can help with most of them with a little help from PlaneBase and Google cross-ref.

Good results with the Sigma - I have the same albeit on a Canon 6D.

No luck on the first (Grob 109? sorry not that great on some types)

G-FPRD Cirrus SR.22

G-RECW PA-28

G-AVSF PA-28

G-YORE CZAW Sportscruiser

G-JARY PA-24

G-CFZD Jabiru

Hope this helps

***EDIT Grob 109 probably G-CMGU - tail logo is Aerobility

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:54 pm

i could have helped but looks like Nighthawkes nailed it.. :D

JAWS

Post by JAWS » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:42 am

Nice shots, good selection.
Nighthawke wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:52 pm
Hi James - I was passing by and stopped a couple of weeks ago getting very similar shots to some of yours - except mine are not as good hence not posted! Anyway I can help with most of them with a little help from PlaneBase and Google cross-ref.

***EDIT Grob 109 probably G-CMGU - tail logo is Aerobility
Aerobility also has G-CMHU registered to them.

G-CMGU is Ex. ZH144 note on ukserials.com : Fuselage to Grob at Mindelheim, wings at Syerston, registered G-CMGU 07/2020

G-CMHU is Ex. ZH209 registered G-CMHU 07/2020

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”