Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

South Wales May-August 21

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
welshdan1927

South Wales May-August 21

Post by welshdan1927 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 am

Morning all,

A bit of a catch up on recent events in my corner of the world, haven't managed to nail all of the St Athan movements but quite happy with what we have managed to get - less BA A319s, more Cathay Dragon A320s please!

A couple of interesting sports charters make up the bulk of interest at Cardiff as ever;

ImageDanish Air Transport ATR 72-201 OY-RUR msn 145 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Sadly I missed this inbound so took a record of it on the way home from work one night. 1 am without a tripod, still recognisable. I'll take it :(

ImageAirZena Georgian Airways Mitsubishi CRJ-200LR msn 7442 4L-TGB by Dan Williams, on Flickr

One of those rare occasions when heat haze is a problem even in Wales - that plus road works and tractors and cyclists combining to ensure I miss a few movements. Bring back the wind and rain!

ImageDSC_0032 (1) by Dan Williams, on Flickr

As well as the occasional biz - more of that pesky heat haze!

ImageDSC_0096 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageAir Service Liege NV Cessna 525 CitationJet 0172 OO-CEJ by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Cardiff's first Max schedule showed in decent conditions

ImageTUI Airways Boeing 737 Max 8 msn 44605 G-TUMK by Dan Williams, on Flickr

The Delta A330 was a G7-related flight, had taken the press pack into Newquay then parked here for the weekend.

ImageDSC_0153 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Cardiff still has a handful of regular movements though

ImageEastern Airways BAe Jetstream 41 msn 41018 G-MAJB by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0317 (1) by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Hopefully you'll forgive me a little military action - Global Trek have been busy dishing out Welsh cakes to the US Air Force and Navy lately - all good stuff!

ImageDSC_0062 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0213 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0246 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

As ever though, it's St Athan that's coming up trumps with some unusual frames and colours

A rare escapee; off to Ciudad Real, where eCube have a storage facility.

ImageAirbus A321 -231 msn 6009 OE-IZR Deucalion Aviation Funds by Dan Williams, on Flickr

One that may yet escape; only three years old and hangared with Caerdav who are usually responsible for maintenance rather than scrapping.

ImageFlyadeal Airbus A320-214 msn 7829 HZ-FAA by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Not sure of the story behind this bit of "street art" on the tail of a former BA 772... Looks a bit like an Iron Maiden "Ed Force One" - though it isn't.

ImageBritish Airways Boeing 777-236 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Always worth a drive-by on the way for a Lancaster breakfast at the museum - open on Wednesdays for the summer!

ImageSt Athan storage view by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Thanks as ever - not at my best, but hopefully of interest nontheless!

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: South Wales May-August 21

Post by andygolfer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:34 am

that's a nice set and very interesting as well Dan, thanks for taking the time to post them and for all the notes to go with them

andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Wallie
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Wallie » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Very nice an various set ! :thumbs:
Greetings
Wallie
www.spectare.be

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Great set Dan, plenty of interesting movements there. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”