Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

St Kitts Collection !

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

St Kitts Collection !

Post by keithnewsome » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Another carribean adventure ! This time to St Kitts … Very small island … Photography at airport very difficult and not liked by the airport authority or the local police ?? most taken at the terminal on arrival and departure …

Keith ;)

G-VIIO Our ride to the island.

N965HL One of many island hopping parcel carriers.

N52PL Visiting rotary.

V2-LIM Most common caribbean carrier LIAT many daily flights.

N801NN Daily from and to Miami.

N378CX Amerijet 767 only ever seen 727's before this !

V2-LIH view from my phone through the window at Antigua on the way home !

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: St Kitts Collection !

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:10 am

Nice set Keith and thanks for posting them. :) :thumb:

We had a day trip to St.Kitts from St.Maarten in 2008, unknown to us at the time was that the Windies were playing Australia in a 50 overs cricket game there on the same day. Virtually the entire population of the island went to the game and it was like a ghost island, we managed to get an incredibly cheap tour in a taxi all the way round the island and had an 'interesting' time. At the entrance to the Botanic gardens there was a carcass of a goat hanging from a tree and young kids were cutting bits of meat off it with huge knives..............nice! :cry:
Lovely scenery and great beer though! :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Many thanks for those nice words Mike ! I agree a lovely small island with some 'nice' old traditions ! Spookily we did the same island tour in a taxi, wanted to use the sugar train but it was u/s on the day ! St Kitts were playing a 20/20 cricket match against another island (forget which) on the night before we left ??

Keith ;)

Another from the trip … N452FX.

stevep22
POTM winner

Post by stevep22 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Passed through their (briefly) once when our flight from St.Maarten to Antigua stopped off. I use the word 'stopped' loosely as the aircraft just slowed to a very slow taxi, the rear door and stairs were out and the one disembarking passenger 'stepped off' like he was stepping off the rear platform of moving old London bus. Very touchy about photography at some of the airports in the region. I had an official take issue with me for photographing the airport cat in the terminal at Antigua Airport.

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:14 pm

stevep22 … Yes I agree … I have visited five airports in the carribean, so far, and the only one with 'no problem' regarding aircraft photography was St Maarten … where it is welcomed !

Keith ;)

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”