Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Bristol-Lulsgate - 14th Feb

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
Cessna954
POTM & SPOTM winner

Bristol-Lulsgate - 14th Feb

Post by Cessna954 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 am

I'm aiming to make a monthly trip out to Lulsgate to photograph the regulars - any more frequent and it's the same aircraft based.

The forecast was for an easterly wind and 100% sunshine all day, well when I arrived numerous non CAT3 aircraft were in holding patterns for Bristol and Cardiff and visibility on 27 threshold was 130m.

By mid morning the fog was starting to clear - Easyjet A319 on departure off 27.
ImageEasyjet Airbus A319-111 G-EZDI by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

it remained patchy fog and I caught this Embraer 170 in a clear spot
ImageKLM Cityhopper Embraer 170 PH-EXX by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

The first TUI B757 to departure was totally obscurred but i managed to catch this one.
ImageTUI Boeing 757-236 G-OOBH by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Once the fog cleared they reverted to duty runway 09 - Ryanair over the threshold
ImageRyanair Boeing 737-8AS EI-DLY by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

This Easyjet Europe A320 on finals with another Easyjet turning on to approach over the Bristol channel
ImageEasyjet Europe Airbus A320-214 OE-ICC by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Pleased to have caught this A319, as I had not photographed G-EZFV before despite having been in service for 9 years and about to join PIA
ImageEasyjet Airbus A319-111 G-EZFV by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

BMI / Brussels Airlines Embraer 145, I wish they would use their own aircraft in full livery.
ImageBMI Regional/Brussels Airlines Embraer 145 G-RJXI by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

As the sun swings around the light for touchdown shots is great
ImageRyanair Boeing 737-8AS EI-FZP by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

A new Beechcraft 200GT for BAe systems, M-CDBM, on the shuttle up to Barrow.
ImageBAe Systems Beechcraft 200GT M-CDBM by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

A good number of Easyjet A320 NEOs are currently based at Bristol
ImageEasyjet Airbus A320-251N G-UZHS by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

A little bit of variety from Easyjets and Ryanairs - Blue Islands ATR (not sure what will happen to these once Flybe is sold as they are in a franchise agreement)
ImageBlue Islands Aerospatiale ATR-42 G-ISLH by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

This Diamond DA62 went up in the afternoon to run calibration of the NavAids at Bristol, Cardiff and St Athan.
ImageFlight Calibration Services Diamond DA.62 G-TACN by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

The ATRs make a great engine purring sound
ImageStobbart/Aer Lingus Regional Aerospatiale ATR-72 600 EI-FAS by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

To finish the day a corporate Beechcraft 90GTX M-TSRI
ImageBeechcraft C90GT M-TSRI by Neil D. Brant, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Neil

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Bristol-Lulsgate - 14th Feb

Post by andygolfer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 pm

very nice Neil, amazing how quickly it changed (for the better).
we has similar problems in Essex early on Thursday, I had planned a bit of a trip out but that and the M.11 being closed made me change plans and it was just a short trip to Stansted instead.

The light on those is really nice and the backdrop at Bristol looks very good as well
thanks for posting them
Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”