Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Dinard :- The last Aurignys

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
Andy L
SPOTM winner

Dinard :- The last Aurignys

Post by Andy L » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm

On the 6th January Aurigny operated its last scheduled flight between Guernsey and Dinard.
The route gradually declined from a daily Trislander to just a couple of flights a week with a Do228.

The most important flight took place on 16th December when G-OAUR arrived at Dinard carrying a vital cargo
of bacon, Christmas puddings and mince pies. Incidently my mum was also on it.
ImageIMG_3172A by L11nny, on Flickr

However it promptly went tech.
The following day, rather better waether.
ImageIMG_3176A by L11nny, on Flickr

G-LGIS then arrived to pick up the previous days 4 passengers. It was impossible to get both the Dorniers in one shot.
ImageIMG_3187A by L11nny, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3189A by L11nny, on Flickr

The penultimate flight on 4 January was operated by the latest Dornier G-ETAC which did a vey rare departure from 12.
ImageIMG_3269A by L11nny, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3278A by L11nny, on Flickr

For the record, the last flight was operated by G-LGIS, but the weather was rotten so I stayed at home.
Thanks for looking
Andy

GCIJem

Re: Dinard :- The last Aurignys

Post by GCIJem » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Nice post to mark the passing of a long standing Aurigny route, I remember when the route was twice daily & on peak days/season was op by Shorts 360 equipment.
Sad to see another Guernsey route bite the dust.
Pics taken as record shots only - no competition entries here :)

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”