Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

G-IACY ATR72 Eastern / Bristows @ Norwich.

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

G-IACY ATR72 Eastern / Bristows @ Norwich.

Post by keithnewsome » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Two very nice visits today from this ATR72 ... Registered to Eastern Airways but with Bristow Helicopters colour scheme, I understand it's one of two to be used on the Aberdeen to Scatsta shuttle ...

Keith ;)

G-IACY.

G-IACY.

Nighthawke

Re: G-IACY ATR72 Eastern / Bristows @ Norwich.

Post by Nighthawke » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:39 pm

That's a bit different Keith. Nice catch. I do miss working in Norwich and getting a daily airport "fix" :(

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Many thanks once again Nighthawke ! Your daily fix sorted for today ! :cool:

Keith ;)

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:51 am

keithnewsome wrote:Registered to Eastern Airways but with Bristow Helicopters colour scheme, I understand it's one of two to be used on the Aberdeen to Scatsta shuttle ...
Yes, it's one of two -600s recently acquired by Eastern for work on the Aberdeen-Scatsta route as part of their tie-up with Bristow Helicopters and six OGS companies within the Integrated Aviation Consortium, hence the 'IAC' in the registration. Looking forward to seeing them up here in due course.

250canam

Post by 250canam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:03 am

Saw she was due to carry out some training flights from Humberside yesterday. Nice pics. When delivered to Humberside she did have Eastern markings on the nose below the Bristows name and above the flash. They were however peeling off so were removed - to be refitted sometime I expect. Thanks for the explanation of the registration.
Ian W - pensioner and LAPL(A) holder.

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Many thanks for the updated info gentlemen, it made another visit to Norwich today but work got in the way for me !
Another view from yesterday ...

Keith ;)

G-IACY.

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”