Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Aberdeen in January

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
retro11
POTM winner

Aberdeen in January

Post by retro11 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Here we go again another month another year, i had given thought to stopping this monthly photo digest which i have done for a couple of years now but in the words of the late Magnus Magnusson " I've Started So I'll Finish" well 2017 anyhow, thanks in advance for looking and we will see what this year brings for EGPD ... good old Dyce

AW139 G-SNSA arriving in from Humberside 02/01/2017

ImageCHC AGUSTA AW-139 by RETRO 11, on Flickr

BENAIR LET 410 OY-BPI

ImageBENAIR LET 410 by RETRO 11, on Flickr

EMB 135 LEGACY G-WIRG on the fog bound East Apron

ImageEMBRAER 135 LEGACY by RETRO 11, on Flickr

Boeing 737-800 G-TAWL on its way to sunny Tenerife from a sunny Aberdeen

ImageTHOMSON BOEING 737-800 by RETRO 11, on Flickr

CRJ 900 D-ACNL

ImageLUFTHANSA CRJ-900 by RETRO 11, on Flickr

PA-31 NAVAJO G-FCSL

ImagePA-31 NAVAJO by RETRO 11, on Flickr

LEARJET 45 LX-ONE

ImageLEARJET 45 by RETRO 11, on Flickr

C-130 ZH882 ( Quick 1/2 hour stop for fuel)

ImageC-130 HERCULES by RETRO 11, on Flickr

KLM 737 PH-BGI coming to a stop in a wet Aberdeen

ImageWET RUNWAY by RETRO 11, on Flickr

tink_norfolk

Re: Aberdeen in January

Post by tink_norfolk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi Retro,I too have been posting as a monthly theme rather than individual posts don't seem to get much feed back as to what people prefer,see you had PH-BGI KLM B.737 she's now in AirLivery hangar at Norwich getting her new coat of paint,but a smashing selection of captures a lot of which we have had visit Norwich recently.regards Kevin.

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:55 pm

retro11 wrote:Here we go again another month another year, i had given thought to stopping this monthly photo digest
That would be a shame, I always enjoy looking at them. There's usually some interesting visitors, and they are quality shots (e.g. the C-130 above).

blackdog

Post by blackdog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Keep it up Donald. I for one look forward to seeing what's been going on up there.
Pete.
You can find my helicopter shots here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pete_brown/

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm

retro11 wrote:Here we go again another month another year, i had given thought to stopping this monthly photo digest which i have done for a couple of years now but in the words of the late Magnus Magnusson " I've Started So I'll Finish" well 2017 anyhow, thanks in advance for looking and we will see what this year brings for EGPD ... good old Dyce
I always enjoy your monthly reviews Donald although I did try it once with Stansted and found adding as the month went on was a bit messy so I reverted to the PAYG (Post as you go) method but when you do it all as one post that is a bit tidier than how I did it. I found mine a bit awkward to follow through when there were photos then comments and then more photos and associated comments.

Peter / Kevin - re your comment , you do it the way I tried and as I said I find the comments and photos ongoing less tidy AND it's easy to miss an update (Donald's way with one post at the end of the month is certainly tidier in my view). You also have the added complication that there are usually 3 of you posting from Norwich often with the same aircraft and your updates might be getting missed sometimes (I've done that before now) or maybe not as prominent as a new post.

HTH

andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:31 am

I hope this year isn't the last you'll be posting, Donald; I always look forward to seeing your shots as they're always of top quality and an interesting and varied selection. You deserve a medal for continuing the postings through the winter; all the more so as the spots for photography around Dyce seem to be decreasing because of construction projects. On that subject: do you know who the new hangar next to The Mound is going to be used by?

All-white Binter Canarias ATR-72 F-WWEZ/1378(?) over on the east side tonight (2/2). Still bloody cold and windy out there!

Keep up the good work, DD.

M

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by LondonEye » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Retro,
please keep posting. I enjoy seeing what is happening at other airfields to my norm. You get some interesting visitors.
I am sure that there are others like me - who may not comment on every post, but still appreciate the contributions that others make.
You get some good shots.
Cheers
Pete.

retro11
POTM winner

Post by retro11 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Cheers for the feed back it will be December before we know it LOL, in reply to Mustangs question re the new hangar by the mound @ the Falck nutec carpark is being built for Gama Aviation here are 2 photos of it from Sept and Nov of last year its position COULD have been a lot worse...

ImageTHE NEW GAMA hangar (SEPTEMBER) by RETRO 11, on Flickr

ImageTHE NEW GAMA hangar (NOVEMBER) by RETRO 11, on Flickr

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks for the info re. the new hangar - so if it's Gama Avn, that will likely mean the SAS helo(s) and Super King Airs will operate from this part of the airfield. Like you say, the position could have been worse; still get a pretty decent view from the mound. Pity about the new fence down the 'back road' blocking port-side approach shots for Rwy 34 - the light always looked good on those shots.

All the best,
M

Silkman

Post by Silkman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Great photo's Donald and brings back many happy memories of my time working at ABZ.

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”