Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Autumn in Wales (CWL & DGX) (pictures sorted)

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
welshdan1927

Autumn in Wales (CWL & DGX) (pictures sorted)

Post by welshdan1927 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 am

Hi all, just a small summary of recent events in my corner of the country. Sadly I missed the best one of the lot, Cavok An12, as I was resting up on my sickbed. As they say, you can't get them all. Very jealous of some of the lovely movements I've seen on here of late and i'm glad to see the board flourishing. Here's my addition. I will be doing a post in the St Athan thread to summarise that this evening.

So firstly there's this Titan that took the Welsh team out to Austria for the first of three relatively disappointing results.
ImageTitan Airways Airbus A320-233 G-POWK MSN 4701 by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Then Saints had a Swiss A340, the first of its type to visit and only the second visit of one to Wales
ImageSwiss A340-313 cn150 HB-JMJ by Dan Williams, on Flickr

My street is on the approach to Saints, so when the wind is right I can catch some of the more impromptu arrivals, like this Atlas global Ukraine A320
ImageAtlas Global Ukraine Airbus A320-233 msn 733 UR-AJB by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Saints also played host to Brize's Skyvans for a couple of days. Technically this is a military movement as they were taking troops jumping over Sennybridge, but they're definitely civvies!! Fun little machines as well
ImageSummit Air Shorts Skyvan C-FARA by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageSummit Air Shorts Skyvan C-FARA by Dan Williams, on Flickr

And proving it's always worth dropping in on the off chance, we sat at Rhoose for half an hour and this popped in ferrying Charlie boy in for the Aberfan memorial service
ImageLondon Executive Aviation Embraer ERJ-135BJ Legacy 600 G-THFC by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Next up it was an interesting day for the guys at BA maintenance in Cardiff as we had one in one out...
Out
ImageDSC_0507 (2) by Dan Williams, on Flickr
In
ImageNorwegian International Boeing 787-8 LN-LNC by Dan Williams, on Flickr

The Norweigan is on account of them being newly accredited gold something or others, which hope fully harks back to the good old days when we had properly interesting bits visiting (like the Alitalia Baci scheme 742)

Another sneaky Saints movement in not the best weather was this Fastjet A319. I had a bit of a shock when it popped out of the clouds in full Allegiant scheme. It's since departed for Shannon and presumably onwards to a new life in America
ImageFastjet Airbus A319 5H-FJA by Dan Williams, on Flickr

Operating the "new" London City route for Flybe (not new but happily continued) was Jota's old Avro, G-SMLA. I'd missed JOTR the week before which was a bit annoying. A visit to Southend over the new year should help with that.
ImageJota Aviation BAE 146-200 MSN: E2047 G-SMLA by Dan Williams, on Flickr

The main purpose of popping up that day was the arrival of the Serbian team, who turned up on this pretty vintage B733, of Aviolet. Something different at least!!
ImageAviolet Boeing 737-3H9 ln: 1134 YU-AND by Dan Williams, on Flickr

ImageAviolet Boeing 737-3H9 ln: 1134 YU-AND by Dan Williams, on Flickr

And that's about it from me! I spent an hour or so at LCY yesterday morning so will be putting some of those up when I get round to playing with them. Also will endeavour to finish off my guides to Rhoose and Saints on the airfields pages, something I've been meaning to do for ages.

Thanks, as always, for looking.

johnyllew

Re: Autumn in Wales (CWL & DGX) (pictures sorted)

Post by johnyllew » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 pm

Worked in the tower at Saints for a couple of years. Miss the place. Cracking photos. Will have to head up soon.

LondonEye
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by LondonEye » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:18 am

Some nice pictures. You do get some interesting visitors.
The last time I was at Cardiff, they had not long shut the upper balcony viewing area. Quite a few years ago !
Went for one of those world leaders summit meetings.
Will be nice if you can post some info for all, on the viewing opportunities now existing.
Thanks
Pete.

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:02 am

What a great post Dan, some excellent shots there - especially the Titan A320 and I'm just loving the Skyvan. :) :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Paultojo
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Paultojo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 am

Very nice set particularly the shoe box :thumb:
C&C always welcome

Paul

My images at Jetphotos.net

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8620037@N05/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andygolfer
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by andygolfer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 am

super post with some interesting info added

thanks Dan
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by talldan76 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Nice set of images, and some interesting visitors!

Dan

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”