Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Golden Hour at LHR

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
burnsy133

Golden Hour at LHR

Post by burnsy133 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi All,

A weekend in London after viewing the F-16's at Mildenhall allowed me the chance to have a crack at the Golden Hour. My main objective was the BA heavies as i seem to have spent the last 20 years watching them go by without actually photographing them !! As soon as took my camera out the clouds made a rapid appearance, this is what resulted in the time i had.

ImageG-BNWX by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Old workhorse here seen landing on 27R, won't be around for much longer !!

ImageG-VIIN by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Another of BA's heavies arriving in the golden hour.

ImageUK-75201 by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Nice to see an actually Uzbek registered 757, doesn't happen often for me.

ImageG-BYGD by Rob Burns, on Flickr
For me she's still the undisputed queen of the skies, but thats just my opinion before the 380 lovers castrate me.

ImageEC-IH by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Love the colour scheme on the airbus.

Image9V-SVU by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Singapore didn't play ball !! waited for the sun to disappear then in she came, not to worry though as still a regular at my local.

Image4R-ALQ by Rob Burns, on Flickr
Shining away in all her glory coming in for gentle landing on 27R

C & C's always welcome

If you enjoyed there is more here.....https://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-burns/albums

Rob Burns

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Golden Hour at LHR

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Nice set there Rob, where did you take these from? :)

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

Paultojo
Administrator, POTM, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Paultojo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Great set as Mike asks where did you take them from
C&C always welcome

Paul

My images at Jetphotos.net

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8620037@N05/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:18 pm

Paultojo wrote:Great set as Mike asks where did you take them from
ditto, excellent.

I think they might be from the Radisson Paul / Mike but I believe you have to take through glass there and if that's the case that makes them even better as a photo achievement

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Cracking shots, thanks to the angle and the golden light.

james143611

Post by james143611 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Looks like a good spot wherever that is!

ditto Porkscratching's comment, love the light effect :clap:

That Uzbekistan 757 and Sri Lanka A330 shot's are just :Wow: :thumbs:

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 pm

andygolfer wrote:
ditto, excellent.

I think they might be from the Radisson Paul / Mike but I believe you have to take through glass there and if that's the case that makes them even better as a photo achievement

Andy
do you mean the renaissance heathrow? the Radisson is on the other side of the bath road and no clear runway views from there

I would say it is from the business lounge on the third floor ot the renaissance or one of the third floor rooms

great shots by the way and if they are from the renaissance they are shot through the glass

talldan76
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by talldan76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Some very nice shots - even better if they were shot through glass!!

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:49 pm

mach one wrote:
andygolfer wrote:
ditto, excellent.

Andy
do you mean the renaissance heathrow? the Radisson is on the other side of the bath road and no clear runway views from there

I would say it is from the business lounge on the third floor ot the renaissance or one of the third floor rooms

great shots by the way and if they are from the renaissance they are shot through the glass

Yes, Rennaisance sorry :oops: - was getting confused with the Radisson at Stansted (which as far as I know is mno good for photography).
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!
Proud winner of 2019 Air-Britain photo competition!

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/uklae
and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stnae

my photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125470545@N07/

Bat 21
POTY, POTM & SPOTM winner
Location: Northumberland (The Big Bit Between Newcastle & Scotland)

Post by Bat 21 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:54 am

As a fan of the Renaissance I am guessing these would be from there - possibly from the east facing window found at the end of the long corridors as opposed to out of one of the rooms.

Nice shots :thumb:
Location: Northumberland (The Big Bit Between Newcastle & Scotland)

My Pics on Jetphos

https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/95829/photos

burnsy133

Post by burnsy133 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:27 am

Bat 21 wrote:As a fan of the Renaissance I am guessing these would be from there - possibly from the east facing window found at the end of the long corridors as opposed to out of one of the rooms.

Nice shots :thumb:
Bat 21 Wins !! Sorry not posted a reply, been unwell. They were indeed shot from the end of the corridor, level 2 of the Renaissance, luckily we had the room next to it so I was able to wait for something on finals and pop out, you have to be on the ball though as you get a 2-3 second opportunity before you are shooting through trees and lampposts. Not sure how long these kind of shots will be around for as the trees will no doubt grow.

mach one
POTM winner

Post by mach one » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:00 pm

burnsy133 wrote:Bat 21 Wins !! Sorry not posted a reply, been unwell. They were indeed shot from the end of the corridor, level 2 of the Renaissance, luckily we had the room next to it so I was able to wait for something on finals and pop out, you have to be on the ball though as you get a 2-3 second opportunity before you are shooting through trees and lampposts. Not sure how long these kind of shots will be around for as the trees will no doubt grow.
next time you go you will have to upgrade to a runway view suite, nothing like lying in bed taking pictures of arrivals

burnsy133

Post by burnsy133 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:27 pm

mach one wrote:
burnsy133 wrote:Bat 21 Wins !! Sorry not posted a reply, been unwell. They were indeed shot from the end of the corridor, level 2 of the Renaissance, luckily we had the room next to it so I was able to wait for something on finals and pop out, you have to be on the ball though as you get a 2-3 second opportunity before you are shooting through trees and lampposts. Not sure how long these kind of shots will be around for as the trees will no doubt grow.
next time you go you will have to upgrade to a runway view suite, nothing like lying in bed taking pictures of arrivals

Hi,

The room we had did indeed have a runway view, although found the windows to be that dirty any shots were almost impossible.

Mike s
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by Mike s » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:21 pm

i'm not into close up /crop shots but the Uzbekistan 757 and Sri Lanka A330 shot's are just stunning! :thumbs: :clap:
Check out my pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/46921869@N02/

SBS1 PP ground station nn FR24 Feeder planefinder feeder mil mode s feeder,UBC125XLT,Canon powershot SX50,& plane plotter route updater!

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”